“Lovin' the late night!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Saugatuck
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Since 1994, relationship has been at the core of everything we do at Uncommon Coffee Roasters. From our customers to our coffee producers, and everybody in between, we make it our priority to build strong, sustainable partnerships. It is our goal to provide a variety of delicious and unique coffees that suit your palette. Whether you're a beginner or coffee professional, we will be at your side to fulfill your coffee needs. At Uncommon Coffee Roasters, we are here for you, building relationships in the name of Coffee.
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, I'm happiest about their hours--10:00 on weekends! I love a late-night coffee shop. Great way to extend a date!

Coffee was good too.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

A must visit! Fair prices, high quality food and excellent service! We visit saugatuck at least once a year and we always come here.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Bar-none, the best coffee house in this area. Excellent varieties of coffee, exceptional service and delicious appetizers and food. A must stop if in saugatuck !

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow...what can I say? I am a coffee dissenter. Or maybe I am just a snob. I always thought I just didn't like the taste. I love, love, love the smell and the whole idea of relaxing and talking over a cup of coffee. In the past however, I always sat primly with a cup of tea or iced tea even in the winter just because I couldn't get over the taste of coffee enough to drink an entire cup. I am not a sweet drink lover so adding sugar or other flavors didn't help me. If I wanted a coffee jolt I always had to go the way of espresso. It's small enough for me to get through. UNTIL NOW! This place was incredible. Of course I ordered tea but I tasted my partners tea and YUM! It was a revelation. The french pressed Sumatra blend coffee was so incredibly tasty and smooth I had to get a cup of it myself. I loved it! Sorry for the long winded explanation. I just wanted to stress how incredibly impressed I was with their wonderful Roasted Coffee. They are an independent shop, small but they have expended to include a website where patrons can order whole beans from. They have changed their name to Uncommon Coffee Roasters due to name duplications in the coffee world. But Starbucks, etc. has nothing on them. If you love coffee you have to check them out. Incredible! Now I am on a mission to find an equivalent back home.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I were in Saugatuck for a long weekend, and while I'm always up for trying out new coffee shops, my sister is a die-hard Starbucks fan. Since there wasn't a Starbucks nearby, I suggested Uncommon Grounds, and assured her she could get iced coffee with a shot of vanilla, so we took our morning walk and headed down there. It was packed, but the line moved surprisingly fast. My sister got her iced coffee with a shot of vanilla, I had a decaf, and we shared a berry scone. The scone was delicious, and my sister happily downed her iced coffee (my decaf was good too). The atmosphere was very friendly and festive, there seemed to be a lot of regulars along with the out of towners, and well behaved dogs patiently sat beside their people. There was a pretty nice looking breakfast menu, but since we were on a workout walk, we didn't want to sit and eat something filling. We went back a couple more times for coffee during our stay, and I picked up a pound of one of their dark roast coffees to take home for my boyfriend before we left. I definitely look forward to going back to Uncommon Ground the next time I'm in Saugatuck!