“Who's doing what?”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Saugatuck
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Since 1994, relationship has been at the core of everything we do at Uncommon Coffee Roasters. From our customers to our coffee producers, and everybody in between, we make it our priority to build strong, sustainable partnerships. It is our goal to provide a variety of delicious and unique coffees that suit your palette. Whether you're a beginner or coffee professional, we will be at your side to fulfill your coffee needs. At Uncommon Coffee Roasters, we are here for you, building relationships in the name of Coffee.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stopped in for a quick bite to eat and a cappuccino on a Saturday morning. How they manage to put 4 ounces of espresso into a 6 ounce cap mug and still call it a cappuccino is beyond me...usually equal parts espresso, milk and foam. That said, the espresso is smooth and properly prepared. We also ordered food. It would probably work best if the employees on the clock had a sense of who was responsible for what. After about 15 minutes, we finally asked if anyone was working on the two sandwiches and egg bake. Boom, within 2 minutes our food was ready. The items were tasty, but do I really need to remind you what I've ordered and paid for? Overall, it's ok, not amazing, but will suffice.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here on our hungry village tour in September 2013. We were treated to a presentation by John on how coffee can be prepared. He showed us an example and taught us a little about the science behind it all. I never knew that so much went into the process of making coffee...well a good cup of coffee! We tried two types and both were awesome! The decor is really nice when you walk in. They have many snacks to choose from also, and some are gluten free which was great since one person in our party has a gluten allergy. The place smells amazing when you walk in. When we first arrived it was not crowed but by the time we left the line was heading out the door! A very popular place and the perfect place to get a great cup of coffee!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I stayed just outside of Saugatuck and come to Uncommon Roasters (as they now call it) pretty much every day. They try to be as environmentally responsible as possible, which is one of the reasons I wanted to go there before I came. But their coffee is really excellent. The pastries change daily, but there were always good muffins to chose from (though the raisin bran was my favorite, followed by the zucchini.) It was quite crowded throughout the day, and hard to find a place for six people to sit together, but it was fine for us to take our coffee and pastries and enjoy them while walking around town. Great little coffee shop!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is one of the best coffee places I have been to. They open early, the staff is extremely friendly and the drinks are excellent. I didn't try their baked goods but they looked wonderful too.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always prefer locally owned, unique coffee shops. The service was prompt and friendly. Good basic cup of coffee which is what I like. It was also cool that they bottled their coffee and served it cold, to go. I did not try any food but it looked good. Bonus that they have free Wi-Fi because our cell coverage was very limited. We stopped here multiple times while in Saugatuck.