“Do you know the way to Santa Fe?”

Santa Fe Trading Company
Ranked #5 of 15 Shopping in Saugatuck
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have loved this store for over 20 years! There are still Southwestern goods available, but they are less reminiscent of those found in Santa Fe than before. I came back to Saugatuck year after year to get my Southwest Native American vibe on here at the SFTP. Sad to see how much it's changed. It is just another women's clothing and shoe store with a few pieces of art and some jewelry. Nice stuff, just more of the same and nothing spectacular or special.

That being said, I would like to say that the store cats are a nice touch. Everyone who saw them stopped, said hello, petted them and walked away smiling. The only aroma in the store was a sandlewood incense/aroma. THERE WAS NO ODOR of cat urine! However, folks with cat allergies might well heed the clearly posted warning on the outside of the doors.

1  Thank jagwire

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I do not agree with the last review about the smells of cat urine and patchouli because I am highly allergic to cats and would have ran out of that store! There was no smell during our visit on Friday 8/16/13. This place has some very beatuful dresses and other clothing. I plan to go back to this store in the near future.

1  Thank Christine E
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Second year in a row I've been here. Last visit was better. This year it smelled awful. My sister had to leave because it was making her ill. It smells musty like cat urine and mixed with patchouli. There are 2 cats that live in the store so don't go in if you are allergic.