“Elegance and comfort”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed at the Belvedere for two nights in November. The place was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We stayed in the Cantebury Suite, which although was smaller in size, the decor, fireplace and whirlpool tub certainly made up for it. The floors squeaked, just as you would expect from an older home. Just down the hall, there were always warm drinks, including apple cider on our first night, and fabulous desserts. One night Shaun, the co proprietor and fabulous chef learned that we missed out on the lemon bars earlier that day, so he went into the kitchen and brought back 3 for us to enjoy that evening. We had dinner at the Inn the first night - we ordered the Squash and Crab soup, Cesar salad and the Chateaubriand - my husband and I were floored - the Chateaubriand is a definite must. The breakfasts were excellent and all the staff were friendly and gracious. The grounds were beautiful and I suspect they must be even more so during the warmer seasons. The drive to both downtown Saugatuck and Douglas were simple and quick - we liked that we were not right downtown, but close enough that it was not a hassle to get there. We are looking forward to returning there again. We just loved our stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I had a great time. The meal was great and the atmosphere was great. We drove down 63rd st which a actually a short winding country road to this very impresive old perfect country home that has been converted to a five star restaurant. We both had the "Duck with a marvelous orange sauce" The presentation was well done the service was excellent ask for SARAH. If you visit Saugatuck it is well worth your time to enjoy a great meal at "The Belvedere"

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband an I wanted a nice get-away weekend, away from the hussle and stress of the big city. The Belvedere Inn fit the bill ! It is a little ways outside of Saugatuck, but I think that is good because it is nice and quiet. The food for breakfast and dinner was excellent! Staff was excellent! The Inn was a little bit pricey, but so was everything in this little tourist-town. You "get what you pay for." Want a place that you know is going to be excellent? Go to the Belvedere Inn! You'll be taking your chances on other less-expensive choices.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I can't speak too highly of the Belvedere. Everything about it is wonderful: the rooms, the grounds, the breakfasts and dinners, and the staff. It has all the charm of a European five-star inn without the hassle of flying to Europe. We highly, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We did not stay at the Inn. Only went for dinner. The restaurant is easily the best "up scale" dining experience in the eastern half of Michigan.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My sister booked the whole place for her wedding, and I stayed on the second floor. Most of the rooms are a bit small, but not too bad. If you don't mind the sulfur smell of the water, and no conditioner provided, then you should be pretty happy with the rooms. I was disappointed that there was no internet access, wireless or otherwise. Also, the rules in regards to alcohol are a bit stubborn, i.e. you can't charge drinks to your room (they make you pay on the spot), and even though I was staying there and they had my info on file, they repeatedly asked for my ID when I had a drink. I will say that the wait staff did a great job with the accommodating us for the wedding ceremony and after party. Everything flowed very smoothly and they were very attentive. Overall I had a great experience, but I probably wouldn't go back there when it is just me and my wife.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Hawk056
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Service was excellent. The breakfast and dinner are very good.
Our room was cozy and clean as the rest of the hotel.
The hotel is located just off the exit from Hwy 131. Very easy to find. Few minutes drive from Saugatuck/Douglas and Oval Beach. The Red Barn Theatre is across the street.
We liked very much the garden and quite.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple