“Warm and inviting atmosphere”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 19 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Dinner was paced in European style; and it was delicious. Two nights and a credit toward meals was an incentive to make reservations. Chef Shaun provides a relaxed atmosphere and mingles quietly among the guests making sure rooms and hospitality meet guest expectations. No need to travel out of state for a change of scenery...Belvedere Inn is a grand experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very nice grand scale small inn outside Saugatuck, MI. The chef is Shaun, from Chicago. He cooks the meals. The meals are out of this world. I visited during the early spring, still cold and snow.The inn had a special a 4 course dinner for 2 included in the price of the stay when 2 nights are booked.
I took a room on the 3d floor I think I was the only one up there. I had a dormer window seat overlooking a forest and a frozen pond. Both mornings I read sitting in the dormer and watched the deer frolic in the forest. Coffee service is on the second floor. There are teas, hot chocolate, biscotti, cookies, etc. always ready at 6am. My room was big I had a shower no bathtub. The room was nicely decorated with enough pillows and blankets. I had an electric fireplace in the corner that kept the room toasty all night. I slept like a baby in the bed.
The first morning for breakfast there was granola, scones, yogurt and fruit on the buffet. The main course for breakfast was egg in nest with bacon. The woman who helps for breakfast was very attentive to everything. I ordered my evening meal for the 6pm sitting. Dinner is fine dining with casual attire. First you have your choice of appetizers, then soup/salad, the main meal and dessert. I had the pate, butternut squash crabmeat bisque, pecan crusted walleye and flan for dessert. The dining experience takes about 2 to 2.5 hours so don't plan anything till after 9pm or so. Josephine was the server. She was a sweet attentive individual that was truly eager to make your experience memorable.
The second morning for breakfast on the buffet was breads, granola, yogurt, and fruit. the main course was potato leek quiche with sausage. A light salad was served on the side. Again service was great.
Jonathan is the inn keeper. He is a young kid that is married. Jonathan studied music in college and had hopes of teaching music until the opportunity to manage the inn came up. He still plays jazz. But only his wife gets to enjoy his musical talents.
Overall my stay at the inn was pleasant. Each member of the inn left a kind impression on me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank maggiedanurse
Reviewed March 3, 2014

An Outstanding place in every way!!! The rooms are beautiful and really tastefully decorated with charm ALL over. There's a beautiful library and sun room and the crown is the gourmet restaurant which is outstanding from the cuisine, ambience, service and memories. My then girlfriend was so impressed that she wanted to dine there consecutive nights during our stay - it really was that good! On top of all that, the owners and staff are top notch. Sean and Jonathan are the most attentive I've seen and were so amenable to ensuring that my vegan food choices were incorporated into the menu choices. Just go, and have a fantastic vacation.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The plus side of going to a Michigan lakeside resort town on a Sunday evening in the middle of winter: you find you have the town to yourself! We stayed at the Belvedere this past Sunday evening for a short getaway and have a lovely time. We were the only guests and loved having the place to ourselves. We found ourselves spreading out and relaxing in the sun room and enjoying the solitude. Our room was cozy too. Though we were the only guests, staff was top-notch and extremely attentive. Breakfast was amazing and we were super-spoiled by all the food that kept arriving (we even left with a take-out box). We would highly recommend this place as a choice of lodging for anyone's next trip to the Saugatuck area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A beautiful way to spend a snowy weekend in Michigan. The warmth and friendliness of the people at Belvedere Inn is a joy. The food is wonderful and the accommodations as well. We attended the wine pairing dinner and enjoyed 6 courses paired with wines that were excellent. This is our third year returning here and we always feel welcome.

Room Tip: We prefer the Balmoral Suite because of the king size bed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I visited the Belvedere mid-week in January. The property was beautiful. We were so happy that the Christmas decorations were still up, as they really added to the already gorgeous decor. We stayed in the Balmoral suite, and we loved it. The whole property was so great, we almost didn't want to leave to go shopping or out to dinner! The staff at the Belvedere is top-notch. Every single person we encountered that worked there was so friendly. The breakfast and the snacks were fantastic. We only wish we would have visited on a weekend to take advantage of their dinners! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the fireplace and sitting area in our room--especially when we were reading and pl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Simply beautiful. Service extrodinare. Unbelievable hospitality and courtesy. Thank you Shaun for your understanding and kindness in addition to the perfect dinner recommendation. We could not of asked for a better place to stay. Although only a night. We will be back. Hope u'll once a season.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Hampton Inn Holland
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck
Wickwood Inn
Wickwood Inn
#6 of 19 in Saugatuck

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!