I am going to join the legions of people on trip advisor and highly recommend staying here. This is a beautiful place, with stunning grounds and very charming ground floor common areas as well as very nice rooms, great customer service and fantastic food. One common room is a handsome library with books and games. The other is the morning room, it’s very pretty and has a floral theme. There are two dining rooms on the first floor as well. Both appear to be in muted colors based off the Irish flag…very nice!
We stayed in the Somerset room. It was a feminine and very attractively decorated room on the second floor with a view over the back gardens. It was also in very good proximity to the “treat bureau” which was my name for the refreshment consul. It was always stocked with delicious home-made apricot biscotti or cookies, strawberry iced tea, lemonade or iced lattes, depending on the day, and various snacks like trail mix and salted nuts. The view was very pretty from the room. The Somerset is a somewhat cozy room but it has (and this is worth mentioning- the website does not say this) a very nice walk-in closet with plenty of room in there to put your suitcases and shoes. There is even a window in the closet over -looking the gardens as well as two very comfy wing chairs that flank the little fire place. This room has a simple stall shower and no tub though I do know the suites have spa tubs-just something to keep in mind when booking. There is no TV in the room but we did not miss it. The water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. The air conditioner also worked well, it made the room cold, and I am a stickler for air conditioning. They also gave us a little fan for white noise right when I requested one. The floors are a bit creaky due to the age of the inn but beautifully maintained and polished.
I had champagne and a cheese plate added to the room for the arrival, and I would recommend to anyone to have that added to their itinerary, since it was delicious and perfectly assembled. It’s all about the details at Belvedere, and even the cheese plate was made of top quality cheeses in a balanced variety and fruits. Bottled water is kept for you in your room, and yes it is included and replaced if you drink it! Breakfast was delicious and did not disappoint, they had a different selection each day and always a big variety of food to which to choose from, and dinner was also outstanding.
Saugatuck is a very nice town to visit and this is the place to stay when you go. You will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Michigan's very own Mini Versailles located in Saugatuck, Michigan. This Frank Lloyd Wright architecture inspired mansion boasts 10 beautifully appointed guest rooms and a fine dine restaurant sitting on over 5 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.Enjoy the intimacy of a Bed & Breakfast while feeling the sophistication for a European style boutique Inn. You won't feel like you are in some ma & pa home here. Breakfast is served in our formal dining room at your own table!The Belvedere Inn has found the perfect balance between a B&B and Boutique Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Belvedere Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Inn And Restaurant
- Belvedere Inn & Restaurant Hotel Saugatuck