“relaxing, great hosts, a treat”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 19 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The Belvedere is why I love trip advisor! I read multiple reviews for B&B in the Saugatuck area, and found The Belvedere, which turned out just as great as it has been reviewed! Tucked away up the street from downtown Saugatuck, I definitely didn't regret not staying in town. First vision of the house takes your breath away, looks like the castles we visited in Europe!

We stayed in the Abbey for 2 nights, which is on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall. The room was small but perfect for 2, tons of window light and a great view of the backyard gardens. Would recommend this room if you're not going for a suite.

The host, Shaun who is the main innkeeper and chef, was wonderful. Its all about the details here, from a wonderfully laid out breakfast, to the sweet snacks laid out at all times, to the coffee or iced tea left out for guests. Bottled waters for guests in the room each day. Great suggestions for what to do in the area.

We also had dinner at the Inn - if you book 2 weeknights, you get a voucher for dinner for 2 which was a great meal! And from what I believe, Shaun the innkeeper cooks it all! 4-courses at $50, makes this a great deal esp if you're staying at the property.

Will definitely visit again. Saugatuck is a special little town.

Room Tip: The Abbey is on the 2nd floor, the end room, view of the back yard, gardens and pond. Lots of light...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celstrial

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Superb, quiet, comfortable suites. Attentive, welcoming staff. Food that melts in your mouth. On a ten point scale I give it a 15!!!

Room Tip: Take time to walk the property ... it's lovely ... relax on the benches by the pond
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I found the Belvedere Inn while searching for a place to stay in Saugatuck. My fiance and I were planning a much needed getaway and he suggested looking into a bed and breakfast. I was hesitant since I had never been to one but he assured me I would love it. After searching for places online, I chose the Belvedere because they had a room available with a king bed and a whirlpool, plus the 2 night package included a $100 certificate for dinner. I knew we'd made the right choice the minute Shaun opened the door to greet us. He immediately made us feel at home. The restored Inn is absolutely beautiful, the service is impeccable and the food is the best I've ever been served. Shaun's culinary talents are amazing and are second only to his hospitality. Not a single detail was overlooked in making our stay as comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable as it could possibly have been. By the end of our stay we decided that not only were we going to make staying at the Belvedere a tradition, but that we had found the perfect place to have our wedding next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carsten214
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We left the Fenn Valley winery and our crazy Garmin drove us in a circle and there we passed the Belvedere Inn. By the second time around, I had googled it and we decided to see if there was any vacancy. We met Shawn and he graciously took the time to show us a room, the Canterbury Suite, with the most amazing jacuzzi tub! We decided to stay and it was a great decision! Shawn happily chilled our wine and let us know about the treats he would have out later. He recommended a fantastic local bar & grill in town and when we came back, we were able to soak in that amazing tub and enjoy our wine. We took long walks around the property and met a few other guests. Oh, those treats were so delicious!!!

Breakfast the next morning was so perfect it was almost surreal! The Belvedere Inn is definitely a place we will come back to again, this time with reservations, and know we will be cared for while we're away from home. Check this place out online and don't be hesitant - go stay and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: I would remember to pack my eye mask next time mainly because I like it dark. There was a little li...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sandysisland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was staying there for a weekend with friends. Our room was charming, cozy and nicely decorated. The food was amazing!!! Pete & Shaun went over and above my expectations to make our experience at the Belvedere one that we won't ever forget. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tana C
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel is cozy, comfortable, with friendly and attentive staff. I loved it. It really reminded me a mini-Versailles. It is wonderful to walk in the garden behind the hotel, where there is a beautiful lake. It is an ideal place for couples who want tranquility.
The negatives aspects for me were very few: the price of wine to drink in the hotel's public areas (but the price for drinking wine in the room is great) and the internet a little slow.
I do not know if the prices rise to much in high season, but the cost-benefit for me in March was very good (about US 150 per night per couple, including a great and full dinner on Saturday in the restaurant; so, I paid around US 300 per couple for the weekend, but including a US 100 value for the dinner). It was excelent.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alencarizidoro
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our two night stay very much. The inn was beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. The breakfasts were delicious and we enjoyed the homemade cookies that were always available. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Hampton Inn Holland
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck
Wickwood Inn
Wickwood Inn
#6 of 19 in Saugatuck

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!