“A wonderful experience”

Saugatuck's Victorian Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Saugatuck's Victorian Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Arlington, VA
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Just wanted to report that my husband and I had another wonderful time at the Inn. This is our 6th visit to the Inn. I come to Saugatuck to a weeklong art class on a yearly basis and always stay in the Inn. My husband is with me on the weekends and loves to sit and read on the front porch and spend time talking with the innkeeper who is a delightful person. I love the Inn and have really enjoyed breakfast time where I have met so many lovely people. The Inn is like a home away from home for me. The rooms are comfortable, the food is always delicious and the location could not be better for a visit to the Saugatuck/Douglas area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Travelling from Canada to Saugatuck is about a six hour trip. But there are lots of reasons my wife and I do it about 5 times a year. Saugatuck itself is a BRIGADOON of a place. Freindly, affordable, quiet and fun with lots to do. We also love to tour THE KEEWATIN a retired cruise ship that was built in 1907 and operated in the Great lakes by Canadian Pacific until 1965. I worked as a waiter on her for two years in my teens.
A time capsul of history well maintained. Gas is 50% cheaper in the US, Food and beverage are about 30% cheaper and we love THE VICTORIAN INN and the landlady Jane! This past September we took another 5 couples and rented out THE VICTORIAN INN. Jane gave us a great price, a warm welcome ( including a Canadian Flag on the poarch), and allowed us the run of the place. Her breakfasts were a hit! She came with us on a tour of the ship, joined us at a special party thrown at "THE WHITEHOUSE" a great entertainment bar, and she made sure everyone had a special time by making sure everyone had access to information on stores, attractions and nearby sites. I am writting this because I saw what a couple of others had written poorly of the INN recently. They must have been confused or really at another place. We have been staying there at least 5 times per year for 8 years and have NEVER seen anything but an all out effort to accomodate. There are now 5 more Canadian couples who agree. This isn't a five star hotel. It is a comfortable, convenient relaxed environment run by one spectacular woman! Maybe if those that weren't happy travelled to Canada they might better appreciate what the VICTORIAN INN has to offer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
LANSING
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We were going to Saugatuck for one night, for my husband b-day. Upon arriving the hosts were sitting in the common area with their grandchildren (did not give a warm welcome at all!) -- having your family (especially little kids) hanging out in the common area doesn't give off a romantic weekend vibe -- more like "didn't I just leave this scene at home?" The room was ok, but not worth $150 during the off season. The fireplace feature didn't work, the tv was ancient and got about 3 channels, and the bed was super hard and uncomfortable -- the pillows were also super hard (I woke up with a stiff neck). Throughout our stay, comings and goings, the kids were running around, the house was down right dirty (full garbage bags setting around) and cluttered up with baby/kids stuff. Finally, breakfast was late, the coffee pots were empty, and the hostess was about as entertaining and warm as dry piece of toast. We will not be back, and if your looking for charm and romance, look elsewhere!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dng1700
Troy IL
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed one night. The room was OK but nothing to shout about. If you are looking for a memorable place to stay, this may not be the place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2010

If you're looking for a fancy hotel with large rooms and closets, this might not be the Inn for you. But if you're looking for a casual atmosphere in a great location with the opportunity to meet new friends, this is the place for you.
Of course, there is a lot to do in Saugatuck. Then, after a day at the beach, to the wineries, hiking the dunes, or shopping, the front porch of the Inn is the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine and get to know the interesting people staying there. Everyone has his/her own interesting story. We have made many wonderful friends on that front porch.
The breakfast is terrific and plentiful. My wife and I have breakfast at the inn and then a late lunch. We never have a full dinner (maybe ice cream at Charlie's and a cookie at Uncommon Grounds.
We're not late night party people, but it's a great location for those that are and there are so many events in town; you can part your car for 3 days and walk everywhere.
I've read some of the older reviews and frankly can't believe they're describing the same place. If you haven't tried the Victorian Inn recently, I urge you to give it a try.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Milford, MI
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We arrived in Saugatuck Saturday morning and immediately wanted to stay as it is Michigan's Key West on a smaller scale...
Many B&B's were fully booked, so we checked available rooms at a half-dozen sites. Some were priced better than the Victorian Inn, but were older and didn't have the warmth of the Victorian. Hence, we decided to go with the victorian because the innkeeper was quite warm and we liked their eclectic decorating. We choose the king suite (#4) over a queen suite (#7) for its size, although the queen was fine. The king suite has a nice 3 window view, fireplace, good sq/footage, but a tiny 9" TV! The B&B is tidy, but not thoroughly clean. An edging tool on their vacuum is needed to get edges and corners as accumulated dust/debris is noticable. Additionally, the place should be dusted a bit better and windows cleaned. The keys to get in the rooms and front door require a little work--not smooth. The bed was comfy. Regarding breakfast, if you are expecting a big spread, you might want to go somewhere else or bring something with you. The food was ok, with little variety. Additionally, no treats or evening snacks were provided. I've had better pampering at standard hotels. I feel the innkeepers need to step up their game and provide a bit more for their guests for the pricing they charge. The place was cozy and nice, just overpriced for no amenities.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeeingWhatsNext
USA
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Rude owner - comes off just plain arrogant. Not a welcome feeling at all. Made our stay very uncomfortable. Breakfast was very minimal. Not worth the price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple