All reviews private beach putting green continental breakfast bikes provided local bakery hard boiled eggs heated pool peaceful retreat my husband and i watch the sunset grounds are beautiful internet access modern design multi level plenty of chairs get away umbrella tables
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We stayed 3 days in the middle of June. The motel is a little old but the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Great morning breakfast. The view of the lake was great. Nice clean pool. Bikes for use. Their decking at the lake was wonderful. A top area with high bar stools to sit and enjoy the view walk down to a lower level for lounge chairs and then down one more level to the beach area where there are more lounge chairs and umbrellas. Kayaks were available for use. The grounds were well maintained and beautiful. Firepits at nite to sit around. Internet available in the office area but not in the rooms and cell service (ATT) was not good but overall an enjoyable stay. This is a nice quiet area close by is Sagatuck with quaint shops and restaurants.

Room tip: All rooms were the same the motel was one level in a u shape.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Debrowan
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Stayed for a week with my daughter at this enchanting spot. It was a quiet residential area. The sunsets are beyond gorgeous. The lighted firepit warmed us while allowing us to enjoy the beautiful star lit skies. Though the rooms are a little dated, my daughter and I absolutely love it here. Every evening, we grilled out and just enjoyed our bottle of wine while watching the sunset and gazing at stars. If you want a relaxing vacation, this is the place to visit. We will definitely come again. FYI, wifi only works in breakfast area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank mkly8272
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Nicest people ever running this place. When I made reservations, the lady on phone was so patient and helpful to me. And when I arrived, Jennifer and Michelle were both soooo nice. The guy that checked us out was also very nice. I could tell he really cared that we had a nice time. You know how someone might say "how was your stay?" And they really don't care about the answer. I felt like he was genuinely pleased to hear we had a nice stay there. I absolutely loved the fact we had access to a private beach and I loved the deck that overlooked the lake. Such a pretty view and heavenly breeze. Awesome. It is so nice that there are ample chairs, tables, umbrellas, and towels for us. We didn't use the bikes but I think that's also nice they have those. The grounds are very well maintained with pretty flowers. So many chairs and tables everywhere. We never sat at fire pit bc it was always full so get there early if u want to sit there. It's also awesome the place doesn't have many rooms-only 40. And so nice there are no screaming kids around! Pool area is kept clean and also well maintained. The room itself could use some upgrading; it is my understanding our room was not one of the ones upgraded so maybe they are working on this? We were not in our room much so we didn't care so much about this. If I reviewed the place on the room alone, I would give a 3 or slightly lower. If I reviewed on the view and access and tranquility, I would give it a 5 plus. Downtown is only 5 minutes away. It's nice to be secluded from everything and have peace and quiet but then still be close to shopping and restaurants. Bring food and drinks for fridge. I definitely want to go back!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank 718Kelly
Reviewed July 14, 2016

I was looking for a calm, sort of off the grid place to just unwind for 3 glorious days, do some yoga and meditation, know no one, catch up on reading and just be with my thoughts.

I was sort of nervous booking at an extremely small place like this with its own following. Would I feel out of place as a newbie just trying it out? Would I stand out because of my age? Was I possibly booking a room in the middle of the boonies with none of the usual hotel amenities I'm used to? I had so many questions and trepidations but when I drove down Lake Shore drive and saw the property this place is on I knew I was smart to give it a shot.

I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

The trip was more than I could ask for! Friendly and helpful staff who got the fact that I was trying to relax and unwind, VERY friendly people staying here as well. I've never said hello to so many strangers when on vacation. Great location, plenty of seating on the beach or on the deck at the beach. Beautiful grounds. Nice fire pits, great places to read, nice breeze off the water at night and a nice view of the stars. I could go on...

I've seen some reviews complaining about updates that need to be made and I'd like to speak on that. I think it's pretty obvious that Lake Shore Resort is not part of the Hilton/Marriot/Holiday Inn group of resorts/hotels. This is a family run property that shares it's majestic atmosphere with about 33-40 rooms worth of visitors. Everything was in working order, the AC ran, my bed was comfy and the cable and the lock on the door worked. There were no bugs, no plumbing issues or safety concerns. This place is as updated as it needs to be. If you want luxury and spa like amenities this is not the place for you.

If you need to clear your head, want to be near calming waters and enjoy an atmosphere that gives you faith in mankind and takes you back to a time when things were a bit simpler, book a few days at Lake Shore Resort.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
15  Thank tryingtotravel90
Reviewed July 14, 2016

The view: Fabulous! This place has the peace and beauty like no other! The friendly helpful staff is outstanding! The beach walks at sunset were off the hook! To sit with such a beautiful view every morning at breakfast was a great way to start a day of lounging or exploring. Our room was comfortable and as we had no plans to stay in it other than to sleep change or shower it was perfect for us. Kayaks and bicycles waiting for anyone to use and cooling down in the peaceful pool was a great way to enjoy a lazy day if you wanted one. I cannot say enough about the peace and tranquility of this place; 5 stars! We will be back.

Room tip: The wifi is in the office area and in the breakfast area for those who have to stay connected 24/7; it is not available in the room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple