“Terrible.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Chatham, Illinois
“Terrible.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My family and I ordered burritos from here full of optimism. It was across the street from our hotel, outdoor seating, and we thought it would be easy to grab burritos, eat and go. DH ordered a breakfast burrito; DS ordered a burrito with chicken and fruit salsa and I ordered a roasted vegetable burrito.

When we ordered - it's a food stand-- the staff seemed very harried, although there was only one other family waiting for food. That should have been our first clue. It took FOREVER for them to make our burritos. I'll bet 20 minutes. Typically, at a burritos only place, I'd think it would have meat ready, then add toppings, etc. Out in 5 minutes or less, right? No.

When we finally got our burritos, my son's burrito was okay. Tortillas were nothing better than Azteca you'd get at the grocery, but his had a nice taste. Husband said his burrito was not as good as what he'd throw together at home with an egg and other breakfast items. But my burrito was the icing on the terrible, terrible cake. First bite, mostly tortilla. Second bite, cheese. Third bite--what is that I'm tasting? I look down. It's peas, lima beans and corn. Peas. Lima beans. No no no. I think they just took a can of veg-all and dumped it in a tortilla. HORRIBLE!!

Saugatuck is so wonderful, with such great places to eat. Seriously, not sure how long this one will last, but don't waste your time and money here.

• Visited August 2011