“So much fun!!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So much fun!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Saugatuck Dune Rides are great fun for the whole family. Our driver was most entertaining and gave good information about the area. The youngest of our group is 5 years old and she thought it was the best part of vacation. The oldest of our group is 70 and also had a wonderful time. Well worth the money. If we are ever back in the area we would do it again!

1 Thank JaPeVa

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great sight seeing ride for all ages!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved the dune ride we went on during the 4th of July week! During our short wait we were able to grab lunch at the stop just north of the dune ride, it hit the spot! The ride kept my 2 year old from complaining and wore everyone out from running up and down the dunes. It was a thrilling 50-60 mph ride that was enjoyed by all! The kids are already asking to do it again!

Visited July 2013
Michigan, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun ride!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I visited the Saugatuck Dune Rides just this week. We have two children, 12 and under, and the trip was perfect for their ages. It's a marked, guided trail and the car stays on the trail, but it's a fun ride. The driver makes it seem scary, but it's pretty tame for grown-ups. He stopped occasionally to teach about the area; I did appreciate what he shared as my kids had learned about it in school. The time spent at the top of the dune was fun and the view was fantastic!

Years ago I enjoyed the Silver Lake dune rides, that's where you go for thrill seeking. This is more of a fun, family trip. (The cost per person was a lot, too.)

Finally, other reviewers have commented that the office staff was not nearly as courteous, nor as professional as the drivers. I would agree. I didn't have any problems with them, but they were very curt, almost rude.

Would I go again, probably not. I will recommend it to others, though, just to enjoy the Saugatuck Dunes and learn some of the history.

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our group of 7 adults and 3 children thoroughly enjoyed the Saugatuck Dune Ride, It was like a roller coaster on sand. It was exciting and a lot of fun. Also, it was very informative on the Saugatuck area and the dunes themselves. We would actually want to do this activity again next year. I highly recommend the Saugatuck Dune Rides attraction.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Thrilling ride for all ages”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was traveling with my 85 year old Mom and two sisters. We were looking for something fun and memorable to do with Mom. We chose to take her on a dune ride. Our driver, Scott, was so much fun. The ride is about 40 minutes with some stops along the way. Scott shared some very interesting facts about the dunes including one about a city that was overtaken by the shifting sands. I've lived in Michigan all my life and had never heard of the town. You'll have to go on the ride to find out the name:) He also had a full repertoire of quirky stories and groaner jokes to make us all laugh.

Mom was a bit nervous about going, but did it anyway. (After our overnight trip of doing a lot of fun things and eating in many fine restaurants, the dune ride with Scott was her highlight of the trip.) It was suggested that we ride behind the driver for a smoother ride. The vehicle has 4 or 5 rows that each accommodate 4 people. The further back, the "rougher" the ride. It was plenty thrilling where we sat, and we had a front row seat to all the big hills and tight turns at fast speeds:)

Our vehicle also included a family with young children. The boy, about 8 years old, asked if he could ride up front with the driver. Scott said sure, and the boy was so excited. Scott was great with the kids and really wonderful to my Mom. My Mom had shared the stories of Jeeping in the woods with my Dad and all the exciting times we used to have. At the end of the trip, Mom asked Scott where he learned to drive. He quickly responded with "I learned from Ken (my Dad's name) and said that he was probably looking down from heaven at his girls on the exciting dune ride." That brought a smile to all of our faces.

Great job, Scott - never grow up:)