“Just OK”

Wicks Park Bar & Grille
Ranked #18 of 57 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wicks Park has been in Saugatuck for 8 years - lots of Food Choices for everyones taste is offer - Best happy hour in Town - 4:00 - 6:00 daily (no Saturdays) - Live music every Friday and Saturday night - Fun relaxed interior - outside eating area dog friendly
Birmingham, Michigan, United States
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

So we tried it again - loud, crowded, mediocre food, expensive. Not again. It's best feature: it is right across the street from the Ship & Shore where we stay. Because it is crowded, obviously there are a lot of people who like it. To each his own?

Visited August 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Listen to the Locals - Don't go!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First off this is the first bad review I have ever done.....We had been to a great Bar and Resturant in Douglas (Wild Dog across the river from Saugatuck) and were told the name of a couple good bars to go to to finish the evening. We did not go there, we chose Wicks for the music coming from the bar. The band was great. However, the fun evening out with the girls was turned sour by a very poor mannered bartender.

We had a group of 7 and two had quit drinking to be the designated drivers. We are all professional women, we tip well. We were told that he would not waste his time to serve a glass of water. We asked a couple of times politely, then I followed him to the tap area, where he again told me "I am too busy to waste my *$# time with your group serving water". I actually cleaned this up. I stood there in shock, and the second bartender came up and gave me a glass of water for my friend, as he said apologetically "I am sorry, we are not that busy tonight". We stayed another round and the nasty bartender gave us dirty looks and finally some sarcastic lip when we left. It was un-real. I have since found out that it is a state law to server water to designated drivers in Michigan.

In closing....Listen to the locals....don't go to the Wicks Bar and Grill !@#$

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cheryl Z
Morton, IL
“Nice place, little pricey”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'm torn writing this review and you'll see why. Our family of 4 ate dinner here (kids are 23 and 19). I think it could be considered a higher priced restaurant. I had the BEST fish tacos! They were spicy, but very, very good! My husband had an excellent steak until he found a piece of cellophane wrapper attached to the bottom of his steak. He did tell the waitress so that she could pass along the info. to the cook. She didn't apologize sincerely really and said that the cellophane came off of their frozen butter they use to cook the steak in. That is fine, but a better apology would of satisfied my husband better. Otherwise it was a good dinner.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Legsfamily
Palatine, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch because we skipped it for dinner due to the loud band, which made conversation impossible. Glad we came back because I heard the fish tacos were good. They were. Our party also enjoyed the salmon burger and the chicken salad on a croissant.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had drinks at the bar and our bartender, Brian Frost, was so much fun l.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a rum punch which Brian had made and it was great! Brian was kind enough to give me the recipe. He was very entertaining and my husband and I will definitely return the next time we are in Saugatuck! Great job, Brian!

1 Thank dottielug