“Great place for a mini-moon”

Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place for a mini-moon”
Reviewed March 22, 2006

We came here for a 4 day honeymoon right after our wedding. I loved relaxation and quiet of a beach town in the off-season. You get the same great place but all to yourself! The rooms were beautiful and we had the quiet and privacy we wanted. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed November 7, 2005

We just returned from a four night stay at "Hidden Garden Cottages". This is a beautiful place to stay for a romantic getaway. It is very private but close to all the shops etc. We did not have to use our car at all. The property has a wonderful landscape with fountains and gardens that are very peaceful and relaxing. We enjoyed our private patio with a glass of wine in the evening and our coffee and fresh muffins in the morning. My husband and I are planning to return in the spring. I highly recommend "Hidden Garden Cottages" Kathleen & David Indianapolis, Indiana.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bay City, MI
Reviewed August 22, 2005

My wife and I spent a night here while doing the Southwest Michigan Winery Trail and celebrating our anniversary. I read the reviews but didn't know quite what to expect, as this was our first B&B experience (the kids just left the nest). Turns out I had nothing to be apprehensive about.

As the other reviewers state, this charming place is located in downtown Saugatuck, but you would never know it after you close your doors. We stayed in the San Juan suite and it was beautiful! Truly original works of art, plenty of free snacks (including fresh fruit and muffins for breakfast), Kona coffee in the morning, and a two person whirlpool that was out of this world.

Our host Gary was very helpful and informative. We inquired about a good choice for dinner and he was happy to oblige, sending us to Douglas (5-7 minutes away) where we had a wonderful dinner and met some great people.

If you go, don't miss sunset at Oval Beach....one of the most breathtaking sites I've seen (and we just returned from Key West).

Thanks, Gary! We will return.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank mmmaul
Reviewed March 6, 2005

We've been to Hidden Garden Cottages twice and will keep coming back. A wonderful, peaceful getaway with all the extra amenities to make it special, down comforter, fireplace, large jacuzzi tub, stocked kitchenette. This is a thoughtful, peaceful escape located right in town!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 17, 2004

This was my first time staying at this lodging establishment in Saugatuck and it was wonderful! It was like an exotic, private get away with your own staff--very romantic! The attention to detail was superb, and all the extra amenities were great! We especially enjoyed the large 2 person whirlpools and fireplace in room! The location is perfect, you're right in the heart of town but it's set back off the steet and very private. I've stayed at other places in Saugatuck, but will always come back to Hidden Garden Cottages!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Reviewed November 2, 2004

I reserved a room on 10/5/04 for Thanksgiving and I had to cancel the room on 10/27. On 11/2 I received my refund minus $25. I was never told about this fee when I reserved my room. They charged me $25 just for the privilage of reserving!!!

3 Thank Kelandjay123
, Owner at Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2004
I would like to respond to these comments concerning our cancellation policy.

Everytime any lodging establishment takes a deposit or issues a refund by credit card, they are charged a percentage of that transaction by the credit card company. These charges add up for small businesses such as ours. Every lodging establishment in Saugatuck has a cancellation fee to cover these costs. They range from $15 to $35.

Our cancellation fee of $25 is clearly stated on our web site, in our brochure and in our confirmation letter.

We take every step possible to insure our guests have a perfect stay with us as the other reviews listed here will attest to.

Howell MI
Reviewed August 26, 2004

We absolutely loved the Tuscany cottage! I am a believer in luxurious bedding for a wonderful night's sleep and Hidden Garden Cottages did not disappoint. Peaceful garden setting with the serene trickle of the fountain makes you feel far from town when, in fact, you are literally in the heart of town with great shopping and restaurants. Breakfast , as well as snacks, left in the kitchenette is a great welcome treat. The tub for two, romantic CDs, and comfy robes prove that the owners pay attention to detail, which is much appreciated. Any season, this is the place to stay for two in the Saugatuck area.

• Stayed August 2004