“A Hidden Treasure!”

Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Ranked #3 of 19 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My boyfriend and I have stayed in Saugatuck, Michigan before and we just love. We recently stayed at the Hidden Garden Cottages and Suites and was completely satisfied. It is truly a little treasure that if you blink you will miss it which makes it just perfect for us because it's private, cozy, affordable and comfortable. If I had to say one thing it would only be the minor fact that small ice trays in the freezer compartment would be very convenient. We will definitely be back soon!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the San Jaun Suite August 5-8. It was like having our own apartment for the 3 nights. There is a kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. The suite was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast is left in the refridgerator for the next morning. Tastey muffins, yogart, fruit, milk and OJ. In the room is a binder with restaurant recommendations, menues and other things to do around the area. I found this quite helpful. The location of Hidden Garden is THE BEST, center of downtown. We brought our bikes and rode around the neighborhoods and to Oval Beach. Also took little sides trips to Douglas and Fenn Valley. Worth the short drive.

Reviewed August 13, 2009

We normally stay at upscale hotels, and we were very pleased and impressed with the Orleans room accommodations at Hidden Gardens. The porch attached to our room had beautiful views of a well tended garden and fountain. I was especially excited when hummingbirds flitted from flower to flower so close I could almost touch them. We found the owner, Gary, very nice and willing to assist us during our stay. Parking was convenient which isn't always the case in Saugatuck.

Reviewed August 13, 2009

Hidden Garden Cottages has all that you want in a bed and breakfast. A wonderful, peaceful location, great amenities , wonderful hosts and a very nice continental breakfast (including great homemade muffins). The rooms were comfortable and just right for two people. The jacuzzi was always a good way to end the day. The location of Hidden Garden Cottages is ideally located as to make every place in Saugatuck easy to get to.

Reviewed July 30, 2009

My favorite aunt was in town from Phoenix, so my mother, sister and I planned an overnighter in Saugatuck. A friend had recommended Hidden Garden and the place did not disappoint. My sister and I stayed in the San Juan Suite while my mother and aunt stayed in the Kilamanjaro Suite. The San Juan was perfect for assembling our little group to enjoy a glass of wine at the breakfast bar and lounge a bit after dinner. We also convened there in the morning to share the lovely breakfast left for us in the fridge -- fresh berries, muffins, yogurt, milk and juice. The Kilamanjaro Suite was equally lovely, though more suited for two folks. We also managed to squeeze in a leisurely glass of wine in the gardens nestled in the back corner of the property. The owners have done a magnificent job of appointing these rooms.

I will definitely be back -- next time with my hubby.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Tuscany Cottage in April '09 for a few nights. We were a little tired of the flowers and lace decor at typical B&Bs and loved this Tuscany-themed suite. The gardens, lighting, bedding, jacuzzi tub, complimentary goodies, and lounge area with fireplace were perfectly sumptuous. We loved that we could sleep in and have a private breakfast alone in our fluffy bath robes with huge yummy muffins, a variety of fresh fruit, milk, juice and coffee. At a typical B&B, we feel rushed to make it to breakfast on time and obliged to make small talk with strangers. We're not anti-social. At a theater festival, for instance, this communal breakfast can be fun, but when we wanted to reconnect with each other, this alone time at breakfast was really special. This was a dream of a place. The room had every detail carefully thought out, including movies and jazzy/bluesy romantic CDs with a CD player so we could create a relaxed mood and enjoy our getaway even more. Gary was a wonderful, unobtrusive host. Saugatuck has affordable yet sophisticated restaurants just steps from the front door. The nearby Oval Beach is beautiful. I could go on forever. This is the best place we've ever stayed, and a little bit of a splurge for our budget, but worth every penny and more. We will recommend it to everyone we know. Stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We just spent a weekend in the San Juan room, and were very impressed. Arguably the best location in Saugatuck, right off of Butler street. The room was very tastefully and intricately decorated. Would expect that the San Juan Puerto Rico theme would seem tacky, but they did a great job of giving the room alot of great character. My wife and I are generally hotel folks, but we really loved the Hidden Garden and look forward to going back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
The Hotel Saugatuck
Twin Oaks Inn
#1 of 19 in Saugatuck
Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast Inn
Kingsley House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites? Share your experiences!