“A bit of Kentucky BBQ on the lakeshore”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hickory Pit - CLOSED

The Hickory Pit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating
Michigan
“A bit of Kentucky BBQ on the lakeshore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were delighted to discover The Hickory Pit when checking the ratings for restaurants in town. A quick stop at the large public parking lot next door the easy to find restaurant ins right across from the park and marina.
We chatted with the owners, from Kentucky, and they made excellent suggestions and told us all about ingredients and specialties. I ordered a combo with the beef rib and brisket. My husband ordered the BBQ pie with pulled pork, beans, and cornbread baked together. All the food was good, but the brisket was the winner. Several varieties of BBQ sauce are brought to the table.
Cute, clean, fun, and delicious.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TakenByTravel777

Soham, United Kingdom
“Wish it were open later”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Came in with our family and was immediately offered service by the owner.
We were intrigued by the fried pickles as an appetizer and we're not disappointed.
My husband and son ordered the BBQ baked potato and they both loved it.
I ordered the 1/2 slab of BBQ ribs. It was great!! Not saucy or incredibly messy
to eat.
We will come back for sure to bring our friends and family even if they mistakenly
Overcharged us.

• Visited July 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am from KY but have lived in MI for the past 9 years. To say I miss Southern cooking is an understatement. I have been in sales for the past 9 years and have traveled extensively. One of my favorite things to do is to find restaurants that are not chains. This is now one of my favorite places to eat. The chicken was so tender and juicy. The brisket and ribs were unlike any I had ever had. The baked beans and cucumber and onion side dish was the perfect combination. After dinner we walked around the cute shops and then went back and ordered dinner to go for tomorrow evening. I can't wait to go back and visit Susan and David, the owners of this great place. If you are anywhere near this place you have to go, but go hungry! AMAZING!

1 Thank Sherry W
Ankeny, Iowa
“great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a large group and they have a variety of food from BBQ to burgers to BLT to beeny weenies with cornbread on top. All of us enjoyed the food. The brisket was delicious! Since we had a large group we let them know and they had our large table waiting for us

1 Thank GoHawksAnkenyIowa
Columbus, Ohio
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great food from the appetizers to entrees. Our service was great and wait time minimal. We enjoyed the water view from our table in front of the restaurant.

2 Thank TravelTeam614