Hercules Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hercules Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have a fine selection of steaks, chops and fish with some Greek and Mediterranean specialties. Dinner only reservations may be needed for weekends.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is fabulous! The garden is beautiful and the food is absolutely delicious. I love coming here when I visit this town as it consistent in food and service. The owners pay attention to detail and exceed customer's expectations. Lovely place to relax and eat great food.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I ordered the blackened salmon sandwich which sounded good with avocado & red onion (I asked that the tomato be held). When it arrived, there was no onion and the avocado turned out to be a spread on either bun, with a piece of lettuce between the spread and the salmon. The salmon was a small, thin piece and was definitely dwarfed by the bakery-style bun. Even if I had skipped the crown (and thereby loosing the avocado) the heel would have been still too big for the serving size of fish. On the upside, the upgrade to the fries are well worth it. Eating outside was also enjoyable.

2  Thank Jeanne W
Reviewed June 14, 2014

How have I never been here before this?!
A great meal in an intimate setting. The owners are ever present and the staff is outstanding. Food is awesome. Great care and attention was paid to the decor... Right down to the Great wall sconces that surround you inside. There is also an intimate patio outside where you can dine beside a magnificent bigger-than-life size horse sculpted from driftwood (a top winner from ArtPrize 2012.)
We all raved about our food. The amazingly fresh and tasty Gazpacho was not to be missed, nor the Avgolemeno soup worthy of my Yia Yia. (Greek Egg & Lemon Soup w rice)
The salads were delicious. The Meze assortment plate was outstanding and enjoyed by all.
Many of us had shrimp scampi and loved it. I had the crab cakes - among the best this frequent East coast diner has ever enjoyed. Perfectly prepared.
John (owner) at the bar will take great care of you. And Richard and the rest of the staff is top notch.
Upscale but you can go casual.
I can't wait to go, for lunch, too.
One last thing - there is a nod to Greek fare here... and its mostly an Extremely well prepared continental menu. Something for everyone. TRY IT. Best meal ever in Saugatuck.

1  Thank ChrisFromCincinnati
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place had lovely upscale ambiance. We sat in the back room by the outside eating, since it was raining. We enjoyed the garden view and the beautiful way the dining room was decorated. The wait staff and host were welcoming, attentive, but not intrusive. My husband had the perch dinner and I had the chicken marsala dinner. Both were very good and I especially enjoyed the salad that came with the meal. We will definitely eat there again when we are in town. Hear they have delicious crab cakes, but we will try that next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We dined here whilst on holiday and enjoyed a gorgeous meal we both had the salmon one with salad the other with veg the service was fantastic really friendly and the place was beautifully decorated it's a Greek restaurant although very little Greek food but none the less lovely american / Greek with the usual Greek starters but plenty of choice all very reasonably priced the best meal of the holiday

2  Thank scouser79