“Food of the Restaurant here is the Greatest Surprise!”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 57 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food of the Restaurant here is the Greatest Surprise!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Dinner here is AMAZING! So much so that I find the need to explain it all course by course! I am a foodie and this experience was so unexpected, it MUST be Shared! First of all You can have 4-courses for $50pp, and with this quality of food it is an absolute deal. The wine list is VERY well priced (you don't feel like you're being totally ripped off!), and the cocktails are composed just as well as the food! All of the dishes are comforting, well-balanced, and packed with FLAVOR, just thinking about them makes me begin to salivate.

My menu for the night:

I arrived early to get an aperitif going. The Margatini was DELICIOUS, simply said, THIS is how all Margaritas should taste!

The in-house-made Pate is so rich and creamy, with an earthy undertone that just sings out and you can't help but just sigh in happiness...and along with the pickled red onions and cornichons; this first course is definitely orchestrated well. I had a gls of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay that helped cut through the richness of the pate

After, i dived into the Arugula Salad, it is filled with so many diff textures such as plump dried Michigan cherries, toasted pecans, and pops of bacon as pleasant surprises. That Honey-mustard dressing is on POINT, Chef Shaun should sell it

I moved on to a gls of Pinot Noir for my entree that was delicious on it's own! I can't remember the name of it now, but it was exceptionally smooth for a pinot served by-the-glass. The Belvedere Chicken dish is HIGHLY recommended. Chef Shaun spent over 10-years into developing the recipe and it definitely shows. Most is stuffed with spinach and cheese, meanwhile the drummlette is braised with marinated artichokes and it also comes along with some buttery fingerling potatoes. If you're looking for some classy european Soul Food, this is IT; it feels like a Long Warm Hug enveloping you on a blustery Winter's day while sitting in front of a Fireplace.
I found myself trying to sop up every bit of the juice with the table bread and Almost wanting to order a second helping!! But the anticipation of what may be waiting for me as my Dessert surged me forward to the Next course, and it was probably the best decision i had made in a long time! LOL!

DO NOT PASS UP ON THE PUMPKIN PRALINE CHEESECAKE!!!! This is an opportunity NOT to be passed up! It so amazing my words will not bring it any justice. I kid you not, after one bite I felt like I was a kid smiling and dancing under the sun, shining down it's rays on my face. YOU HAVE to just order one for yourself and experience the greatness.

After all of THAT, nothing closed out the night better than a big snifter of Grand Marnier to help me digest. Thank goodness my room was just up the stairs! The Belvedere definitely made it a wonderful night for me, I can't wait to be back!

1 Thank quynh81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Need to Go Back to the Gym”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have never eaten so much excellent food of which the names I couldn't pronounce. Three nights of 4-course meals to die for.

Visited August 2012
Angola, Indiana
“Attentive service, delicious fare”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We enjoyed all 4 courses! Had the sausage ravioli for a starter. Wonderful. Followed with a butter lettuce salad. Normally I do not care for goat cheese but this was mild. The bacon was exceptional (as was the ham at breakfast). Our main entree was pork with mashed parsnips & sauteed spinach (where do you get that for a side in small-town Michigan?) I loved that. Dessert was a beautiful apple puff pastry for me and a nut/peach tart for my husband. Worth the calories.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank IndianaHope
Nashville
“Tasty dinner”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We both had the lobster and pasta dish--quite tasty as were the soups (butternut bisque with crab and gazpacho with to die for garlic rubbed croutons). Meals were quite reasonably priced and the atmosphere is sweet.

Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful rooms and fantastic meals!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

The suites are beautifully decorated and very spacious. Pete, Shaun and the staff are the best! The accomodations is excellent, the hospitality is wonderful and the food is AMAZING!! Shaun is a wonderful chef, the meals is reasonably price for a four course meal and the chateaubriand is to die for according to my wife.

1 Thank Ro N