“All day breakfasts - Long wait at busy periods”
Review of Ida Red's Cottage

Ida Red's Cottage
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Since 1986, Ida Red's Cottage has been serving Made-from-scratch breakfasts and lunches, year 'round. Our little place is a busy one, and our kind of cooking takes time, so expect to have to wait, sometimes a long time, during the summer season.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Their scramble and just plain scrambled eggs were top notch. No egg beater used here and lightly done so moist and not dryed out.

My daughter had "EggsOden" basically fried eggs ober cheese and onion. Different and very good.

Coffee was nice too. Good standard on the food. Service was a little slow but worth the wait. Just allow time when you visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This reatuarant is always busy in season. I finally got to stop in yesterday and had a very pleasant experience. The food was fantastic the server was friendly and I got a great value. There's a sign that states no outside beverages are to be brought in. No restaurant wants outside beverage containers reusable or not. They cause undue angst. News flash! Don't bring them in to any food establishment. I don't know these ppl but everyone was friendly. Another News Flash-so what if your poor little feelings were hurt when you deal with ppl your bound to have problems. So you became the center of attention, big deal. Respect the establishment and I'm sure they will respect you. This family stuck me as hardworking and they provided excellent service. I recommend this establishment.

1  Thank ZombieTroof
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Very disappointing! I went in for two reasons. First, I wanted to get a menu for the guests at our bed and breakfast; they like to be able to peruse the menu options while looking for a restaurant to dine. Amazingly, all of the other local restaurants were more than happy to oblige. Ida Red said that they couldn't part with one of their menus.

Second, I was starving. I asked for a menu so I could order carry out (heading back to work). I was told they didn't do carry out because they only had tiny to go boxes. I may be able to order something, if it was small enough.

9  Thank CJ J
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have eaten at Ida Red's many times - go for a booth - super cozy! The coffee is great, the French Toast and omelets are super. Look for their special board as you come in. They are not super-duper fast, they really do make your food.

1  Thank Red_1961
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ida Red's has the best whole grain pancakes I've had. The breakfast scramble is enough to share. Service is good. Has the small town ambiance that fits Saugatuck.