“We go here every time!”

Ida Red's Cottage
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since 1986, Ida Red's Cottage has been serving Made-from-scratch breakfasts and lunches, year 'round. Our little place is a busy one, and our kind of cooking takes time, so expect to have to wait, sometimes a long time, during the summer season.
Farmington, Michigan
“We go here every time!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've been going to Ida Red's ever since discovering it over 10 years ago. We visit each time we're in Saugatuck for an amazing breakfast (or lunch). The homemade breads are incredible, and their pancakes are delicious. We love all their egg scrambles. Someday we'll try the pasta or sandwiches but we just can't tear ourselves away from the yummy breakfast side of the menu! Don't miss the chalkboard when you walk in--they always come up with great specials. We've never been disappointed with Ida Red's and look forward to it every time!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kay479

Saugatuck, Michigan, United States
“YummY”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's great if you don't mind the wait.

My favorite breakfast place around,

Fresh n' YummY

Clean, cute n' cozy.

Visited July 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great breakfast...but be prepared to wait”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Awesome food...especially the custard-crusted french toast. The servers have been there FOR EVER and really know how to take care of you, but the place is so popular that there's nearly always a wait list. Counter seating available. Closed some weekdays...check schedule.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SeaHorseCrossing
Central Florida, Florida
“Apparently I've never been here...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I apologize for my former review, apparently according to the manager, I've never been here. I stated I'd been here only a few times, not many times, but I guess I'm colorful and I lie. Thanks. I did like the the food, just seemed to get the waitress on a bad day. I'm glad my dad comes to see you weekly. I haven't been in the restaurant for a long time, the date was not accurate, but alas...

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank CinderellaRiem
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“Great Breakfast at the Cottage”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ida Red's is at the end of Water Street, away from the hustle and bustle. A very quint little cottage, small on the inside but decorated so nicely with vintage items. They serve your food on fiesta dinnerware, very rare.

My sister had the buckwheat pancakes and sausage and she raved about them so of course i had to give them a dry. Very flavorful, not your average pancakes. The sausage is fresh made and delicious as welll as the orange juice. I had eggs, sausage and home fries. Loved all of it! Great kuttke breakfast place, we will try it for lunch next year too!

• Visited June 2013