“Great breakfast...but be prepared to wait”
Review of Ida Red's Cottage

Ida Red's Cottage
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since 1986, Ida Red's Cottage has been serving Made-from-scratch breakfasts and lunches, year 'round. Our little place is a busy one, and our kind of cooking takes time, so expect to have to wait, sometimes a long time, during the summer season.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great breakfast...but be prepared to wait”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Awesome food...especially the custard-crusted french toast. The servers have been there FOR EVER and really know how to take care of you, but the place is so popular that there's nearly always a wait list. Counter seating available. Closed some weekdays...check schedule.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SeaHorseCrossing

Central Florida, Florida
“Apparently I've never been here...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I apologize for my former review, apparently according to the manager, I've never been here. I stated I'd been here only a few times, not many times, but I guess I'm colorful and I lie. Thanks. I did like the the food, just seemed to get the waitress on a bad day. I'm glad my dad comes to see you weekly. I haven't been in the restaurant for a long time, the date was not accurate, but alas...

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank CinderellaRiem
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“Great Breakfast at the Cottage”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ida Red's is at the end of Water Street, away from the hustle and bustle. A very quint little cottage, small on the inside but decorated so nicely with vintage items. They serve your food on fiesta dinnerware, very rare.

My sister had the buckwheat pancakes and sausage and she raved about them so of course i had to give them a dry. Very flavorful, not your average pancakes. The sausage is fresh made and delicious as welll as the orange juice. I had eggs, sausage and home fries. Loved all of it! Great kuttke breakfast place, we will try it for lunch next year too!

• Visited June 2013
MichiganUSA
“Good menu ideas, not for dieters”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the 'two salad plate,' which is a great idea. Each day a selection of salads are posted on the board and diners can choose a salad plate that includes one, two or thee different salads. I chose the spinach, toasted pecan and blue cheese salad and the cucumber, tomato and feta salad. They sounded delicious but came swimming in dressing, so much so that the spinach was wilted by the dressing. I didn't think to ask for the dressing on the side, but I got the impression the request might not have been honored if I had. The service is pretty slow but ok since everybody is on vacation anyway. The main menu item is an egg scramble with lots of options--meats, veggies, etc. Menu has a lot of choices and features fresh foods. Good place for families and has a wider and more unique menu than chain restaurants. Prices very reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham
“Worth one visit...not necessarily a second”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was a long wait....we had been told it would be, so we were fine with that. Cute garden area to wait icon your table in. Muffins were excellent. Eggs were watery and runny. Pancakes were good. Disappointing. We sat outside on the fanned porch-very nice. We will try other breakfast places, before going back to Ida's

Visited July 2013