“Great French Toast”

Ida Red's Cottage
Ranked #16 of 56 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since 1986, Ida Red's Cottage has been serving Made-from-scratch breakfasts and lunches, year 'round. Our little place is a busy one, and our kind of cooking takes time, so expect to have to wait, sometimes a long time, during the summer season.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My french toast from sesame bread was to die for. My husband's plain eggs, sausage and home fries not so great. Pick a skillet meal with more flavor. Loved the vintage decor!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have been going to Ida's for years. It really is the best breakfast restaurant. Food is so well prepared, finest ingredients, excellent coffee, baked goods, fresh squeezed OJ, etc. Everything is wonderful, and there multi-grain pancakes live up to their reputation. BUT - no credit cards? REALLY?????? In this century? Oh well, just a minor thing.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is always busy. CASH ONLY!! I had scrambled eggs, with fresh fruit and a muffin. The muffin is fresh, you can choose from about four they make that morning. My son and his girlfriend each had the scrambled omelet. They loved theirs. They give you generous portions. Great place to go for breakfast.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I almost did not dine at Ida Reds due to the reviews I read, but I gave it a chance anyway. What I found was an amazing little place with one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. So far every complaint I read was due to the customer being impatient or not reading the menu properly. No doubt about it I will be coming back and for everyone that reads this and does not believe it I have been a server/bartender for 17 years and I do not recommend bad business.

3  Thank LoveToTravel2215
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The food was very good, but we had to wait almost an hour to be seated. Felt very rushed by waitstaff once we were seated. Not at all relaxing for a Sunday breakfast.