“Excellent place for lunch”

Phil's Bar & Grille
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had a nice lunch here. Service is really friendly and eager to please. Food choices are interesting and very good. My wife had the portobello mushroom sandwich and loved it. I was boring and had grilled ham and cheese but it was really good. Both were served on a pretzel bun which was also very good.

There was a nice surprise touch at the end that each guest receives. Fun idea.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

What amazing food did we find here. There was not one thing on the menu my husband and I did not enjoy. We ate here every day for 5 days and had something different every time. A must visit!!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We didn't expect much because Saugatuck is so small but the food was really different and good. I recommend the steak salad with the jalapeno dressing

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stopped by today for a quick lunch in Saugatuck. We had heard quite a bit about Phil's Bar & Grill, so we decided to stop in. We were on the road, so we just had a couple of cheeseburgers with fried potatoes, along with a couple of drinks. The half-pound burgers were loosely packed - hand formed, i.e., they were not pre-made. They came out exactly to order, served up with potato wedges. I had a Saugatuck Hard Cider and my buddy had coffee. Total cost was under $30.

I didn't have a lot, that's true, but I saw enough so that I'll stop by the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Several shop owners/employees recommended Phil's. On a cold March day, when only a dozen people were seen walking around town, the place was packed! The soup was sinfully creamy, and the main dishes were out of this world! The locals said everything on the menu is good, and I am inclined to believe them, just based on our meals.