“Great!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I loved Phil's. I had the fish tacos and they were EXCELLENT! They were lightly battered and served with a delicious coleslaw. So good. I wish we lived closer so I could have them more often. We had great service and they were very busy!

1  Thank jcm01
There are newer reviews for Phil's Bar & Grille

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I would say that it falls on my average scale... And I'm picky. Decent fried fish tacos, children's menu was ok. Wait staff was very friendly. I think a little expensive as it was $42 for two adult meals with drinks and a children's quesadilla. But, the food was fresh, tasty and not greasy. Good menu selections.

1  Thank EPMTravel2012
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It is difficult to get a reservation for dinner during the height of the tourist season in Saugatuck, so the three of us, on a sisters getaway, decided to eat early. The outdoor patio is small, but adequate. House wines were reasonably priced.
The perch was good. Salad with steak was good but a little chewy. Fish tacos were also v. Good. Service was good.
Worthy of a return trip !

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good food at a reasonable price. Best bloody marys around. We've been back several times since discovering Phil's. Glad to see some vegetarian options.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

As we walked into this restaurant, two locals coming in behind us told us that Phil's had the best food in town. There was a line waiting to get in, but we only waited about 10 minutes before being seated. Our waiter was quick to come over with menus. We ordered burgers with cheese and grilled onions as well as french fries and cole slaw. Our food came out in a timely manner, and we thought everything was very tasty and fresh. There is a small patio for outside dining. A very enjoyable dining experience!