“over rated”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Hickory Corners, Michigan
“over rated”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I recently had dinner at the Coral Gables. The whole experience was over rated. We had heard good things about the restaurant, but found it sorely lacking and overpriced. I had a salad and potato skins. They were horrible, nothing more than a frozen appetizer that they nuked and served. My husband had the perch dinner, which was passable. We each had two glasses of wine. Our total was $64.80. I did mention our disappointment to our waitress, who said she would take it to her boss. I hope he pays attention. It is in a great location and could be something really special if the menu items were of higher quality.

valparaiso, indiana
“great food and drinks”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Was in town for a couple of days tried other places but C G. was our pick for the best lunch and dinner. Have lunch outside watch the people and boats go by and order the perch basket the BEST we had in town thanks Alishia. Dinner upstairs was relaxing and the food was delicious and the drinks let you forget about those aching feet. Try the Whitefish and Bone in Steak.Thanks Alex.

1 Thank john01
Chatham, Illinois
“Great for cocktails; okay for dinner”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Every time we vacation in Saugatuck, we spend at least a couple early evenings on the top or lower deck of the Corner Bar. It's a great place for evening cocktails to watch the boats in the harbor, and often there is live music. Food there is typical bar food and good.

Inside the restaurant, like other posts, I'll agree that the menu isn't very original. My husband had the Chicken Caesar Sandwich and he said it was just okay. However, I had the boursin sirloin and it was wonderful. It's not my favorite place for dinner, but if you are in town for a week, the choices get old and it's an okay place.

• Visited August 2011
“Beautiful Day at Coral Cables”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I spent the day in Saugatuck with my daughter-in-law. She surprised me and took me there because I hadn't been in many years and have been wanting to go back. My memory of lunch was at Coral Cables so we went there. I was not disappointed. I had the panini and it was delicious. The service was great. The view was awesome. We sat outside and had a great view of the lake and some nice yachts. We could also watch the tourist boat with it's nice red water wheel. The prices are a little high for lunch but I guess you pay for the ambience.

Tampa, Florida
“boring, outdated menu. Food was barely so-so”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Ick, the hubbie and I visited here for lunch. I have a feeling this place probably has a good bar scene, but for food - not so much. My husband had the perch sandwich that he said was terrible, and I had a club sandwich that was just okay. The menu is just typical tourist stuff, unfortunately. On the other hand, it is in a great location with great views of the water from the inside, which is really nice. And the service was good too.