“wonderful hospitality and location”

Oak Bay Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Oak Bay B&B and Inns
indian well,ca
“wonderful hospitality and location”
Reviewed August 11, 2005

Victoria has many B&B's and over the years we have stayed in several. Recently the room rates at many have escalated beyond some really fine hotels. The Oak Bay guest house is an exception and when you combine it's rates, it's location in Oak Bay and the hospitality of proprietors Heather and Rod it's unbeatable. The inn is spotlessly clean and they serve a wonderful breakfast. We highly recommend the Oak Bay Guest House.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank pacjkc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
California
Reviewed August 3, 2005

My mother and I stayed at Oak Bay Guest House for four nights in July, and we are so glad that we chose to stay at this bed and breakfast. Rod and Heather are both very friendly and helpful as to offering suggestions on places to go and things to do.

There is a sunroom with a TV that has several bookcases full of books, as well as a mini refridgerator and a table with instant coffee and hot chocolate mix, and also a tin of cookies. The sunroom overlooks the garden in front and to the side of the guest house. There is also a living/drawing room on the first floor that had several current newspapers on it in the morning, as well as a fireplace that was lit when my mother and I returned late one evening.

The breakfasts are absolutely amazing. They start with tea or coffee and juice, then a choice of cereal, mixed fruit, grapefruit, or a yogurt/applesauce parfait. After that a fresh baked muffin is offered (we chose to take the muffins with us as a snack for later in the day), then the main course - we enjoyed pancakes, waffles, an omlette, and eggs benedict while we stayed there.

Oak Bay Guest House's website is one reason why we decided to stay at this bed and breakfast; it has a good amount of information about the different rooms available as well as what the bed and breakfast looks like in general. The url is (----) - it's possible to request reservations online.

If I am on vacation in Victoria again I will definitely return to the Oak Bay Guest House!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank 92627
Washington State
Reviewed June 7, 2005

Oak Bay is an upscale neighborhood east of Victoria, away from the touristy area of Victoria. The Oak Bay Guest House (OBGH) is located in a great location two blocks from the water and marina and has 11 guest rooms. The interior of the house is lovely and fresh flowers are everywhere. The small Oak Bay shopping area and restaurants are a nice walk away. We drove the very scenic Beach Road along the water to Victoria each day in about 15 minutes. Parking garages in the tourist area are everywhere and are very reasonable on the weekends.
We wanted to stay in a B&B but had a hard time finding one that had twin beds. My daughter and I found very comfortable twin beds at OBGH. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were first class. I can't imagine the highest priced B&B serving a better breakfast. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. Our room (the Cottage) was a little small but I would definately recommend OBGH to anyone.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank huttpl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2005

I stayed five nights with Heather and Rob at the Oak Bay Guest House in beautiful Victoria. This is a well maintained, beautifully decorated, early twentieth century home. The bedrooms come complete with down quilt, extra cozy soft blanket, and teddy bear. The bathroom was spacious and had shower and tub, big enough for a few luxurious baths. The gardens are wonderful and it would be a perfect place for a wedding or family reunion. The sunroom has all day tea, a fridge, tv, and ongoing jigsaw puzzle. I borrowed the bike and helmet, free of charge, and that is how I got around Victoria. Heather welcomed me to use the laundry facilities for free also. I received many phone calls, and Heather either came to get me, or left me detailed messages.

The highlight of this place is definitely the owners, Heather and Rob, they are very kind, giving, and helpful. The other highlight is the breakfast. A three course meal everyday and each day a new meal, complete with edible flowers on the side. To start a selection of fruit and cereals, then the main course, pancakes, omlettes, waffles. There were incredible muffins, that I took with me for a mid morning snack, because there was too much food for breakfast! I enjoyed sitting with a pot of tea in the breakfast room and reading. I would recommend this place on the breakfast alone, but with everything else this is the place to stay in Victoria.

Some people may prefer to stay downtown, but Oak Bay is a beautiful neighborhood with restaurants and shopping and the guest house is two blocks from the ocean. This would be quieter and friendlier than staying downtown. Also downtown is less than 15 minutes by car, or you could even bike there.

I would happily recommend the Oak Bay Guest House to anyone. I told Heather I was moving in! Have a great time if you go to Victoria.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2005

My husband & I stayed for 2 nights at the Oak Bay Guesthouse before touring around Vancouver Island. We loved it so much that we went back for one more night before having to leave for the mainland. The rooms are absolutely magnificent, with so many tiny details just being perfect to make us feel so very special. The breakfasts are to die for! And each morning, they are different. Rod & Heather, the Innkeepers, are so friendly and helpful and they make sure that all their guests feel at home and very comfortable. We would certainly recommend this guesthouse very highly to anyone travelling in Victoria......it's such a wonderful experience!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kelowna, British Columbia
Reviewed February 5, 2005

We have been to the Oak Bay Guest House several times over the last year, and have been extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay. Rod and Heather, the owners, are very welcoming and aim to make your stay an enjoyable experience. The gourmet breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day. We were very impressed with the quality of the food (it's a five star full breakfast) and the hosts offer a wonderful variety for those staying on multiple days. Each room that we've stayed in has been unique and we have enjoyed the decor and antiques throughout this Victorian home. The grounds in the spring and summer were absolutely beautiful. We highly recommend this B&B for those wanting to have a truly relaxing get-away.

6 Thank msmaureend
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 49 in Victoria
The Oswego Hotel
#5 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Oak Bay Guest House? Share your experiences!