See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

The service at check in was friendly fast and kind. The room was OK but not thoroughly cleaned for example the clicker was greasy and the comforter dusty. At check out the desk was short and rude. Overall it was OK got a small town hotel but do not expect a great room

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SwSe86
Reviewed January 14, 2016

I have stayed in this hotel many nights and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in the area. The rooms are extremely reasonably priced and the beds are comfortable. There's free wi-fi and they even upgraded the internet speed recently, so I have no problems streaming my movies and taking care of work on the computer. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and they keep the parking lot plowed on these snowy days. I was pleasantly surprised with their bar/restaurant (Bench Warmers). It's probably the best food in town. This is definitely the place to stay if you're going through the Sandusky area!

Room tip: The back building looks to be a more recent addition and has very nice rooms.
Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Rooms are always very clean, great staff and very good food in the restaurant. Very affordable nice place to stay. They create a family environment for all of there guests and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a good one.

Room tip: All of the rooms are a good location.
Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Located in a very convenient location for work throughout Michigan's Thumb Region, this hotel offers very clean rooms with the best staff I could imagine. Each employee that I've met in my many trips there has happily accommodated my requests in a timely manner. Restaurant and room prices are very reasonable, not to mention they have great food! Check this place out!

Room tip: The rooms in the back building are very quiet and peaceful!
Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed December 15, 2015

If you want to get sleep and rest on a Saturday night, this is NOT the place to be. We stayed here with family because there was a Christmas party going on in the Thumb Area. We checked in at 6pm and the front office staff was friendly.

We left for our Christmas party and then came back to the room at 11 pm. The noise from the band/music playing in the attached lounge was so horribly loud that you could hear the bass line and percussion thumping through the wall of our room. And there was a pounding sound out in the hallway several times. Our room was the closest to the desk area and lounge, but our family who was several more rooms down the hallway, away from that area, could still hear the racket. Our autistic 6-year-old, who can't sleep with noise distractions, did not get to sleep until almost 1:30 am. We thought the noise would stop at midnight, but we were wrong. The music and racket cranked out until almost 2 am!! Turning the fan on in the room didn't cover the low end bass and rhythm from coming through the wall. Guests who were also there for a wedding reception (which thankfully ended at midnight) kept talking noisily in the hallway outside our room until almost 1 am. There appeared to be no sound ordinance for this place or a time for quiet when guests start to go to sleep, starting with the management NOT making the lounge cut the loud music at midnight and then the guests just talking at the tops of their voices in the hallway, some sounding drunk. No consideration for guests who are actually there to get some sleep so that they can get up in the morning and make their three-hour drive home without being exhausted from little sleep! It appears that what goes on in their lounge is far more important than the sleep their guests need. It was disgusting.

The room appeared clean. The toilet seat was tiny (smaller than a standard toilet since the 1980s) and would slide to the left when sitting on it. The beds had pillow top mattresses but felt as if they were a bit old, as the middle of the bed sagged when laying on it. My husband and I kept sliding inward, toward each other all night. We had rather sore backs when we woke up the next morning. The pillows were also old and were a bit hard (not firm, hard).

I don't know when the music in their lounge turns down on week nights, but if you need quiet on a weekend night, this is not the place to sleep. What's going on in their lounge is apparently far more important than their guests' ability to sleep. Never had a motel or hotel experience like this. Maybe they don't realize how thin their walls are and that the loud music from the lounge passes through them?

Room tip: Pick a room farthest from the inn's lounge, especially on a weekend.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Angela B
Brady V, General Manager at DeMott's Westpark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

I do apologize sincerely about the noise disturbances throughout the evening during your recent stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can correct the issue so that it does not happen with our future guests. I wish you would have mentioned this during your stay that way we could've handled it right then and there. Our guests mean everything to us, whether they are bar patrons or hotel guests, we try to accompany everyone's needs. I'd be delighted to invite you back whenever you are in the area, free of charge, with hope to prove that we are worthy of that second chance. Hope to see you in the future

-Brady V.