“Great for a Last Minute thing.”
Review of Shady Lawn Motels

Shady Lawn Motels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sand Lake
Shady Lawn Motels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sand Lake
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was with a friend and our truck broke down. We had to stay overnight so we could get it fixe in the morning. We called Shady Lawn because it was the closest to the auto shop. We had no clue what we were getting into. When we walked in to the "double bed cabin" we were shocked. The room was the size of a small shed in someone's backyard and the walls were covered in cobwebs. There was no soap in the bathroom and sheets stunk and had stains all over them! I definitely wouldn't go back there, but the town was really nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
11  Thank DD_nell
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here and it has very nice little cabins. If you want an out of town stay but close to town conveniences, this is the place. Very clean and the people are very helpful. To the first reviewer: You should have done your homework. This is a small town and it is not the Hilton with maid service 24/7. If you are in need of those services then you need to keep traveling. I would stay here again and hope to again soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank explorer513
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I called this motel earlier in the day, explaining that I was driving in from quite a ways away and would be arriving around eleven or twelve that night. The young man on the phone assured me that, this was not a problem and there would be a room avalible for me. Once I arrived, I realized that these were tiny cabins built in someones back yard. I approached the office/house and realized that there was not a single light on in the place or outside. Finding a bell/buzzer or an office sign was out of the picture. Being that it was already late, I decided it best to call them back and let them know that I arrived. I called. Got an answering machine forwarding me to call another number. So I call that number. The answering machine on this line tells me to call back to the last number. Here I am after driving for four hours. It is midnight now and I have nowhere to sleep for the night. I need to be up and out by eight AM the following morning for business. **CAUTION This motel does not do what it says it will.** Also a word of caution. Do not stay here unless you plan on sleeping in cabins the size of a tool shed in some hillbillies back yard.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Shady Lawn Motels? Share your experiences!