“And you don't need to speak Spanish”

Cancun Mexican Grill
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Saline
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Saline has needed a good option for Mexican food and with Cancun we have that option. Their salsa is excellent only exceeded by their margaritas. The quality of the food is mouthwatering and the amount on the plate will fill even the largest appetite. Parking could be better but it you don't mind a short walk there are lots behind the restaurant.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food was fresh and tasty. Place was packed and had a cafeteria feel because of the crowd otherwise service was very good. Prices good. One complaint is on the chips. While salsa was good, the chips were like they came right from a bag. They were not warm. Apparently they don't make them there like they do in so many other authentic Mexican restaurants. Fresh chips would make we want to return. In fact, if you advertised that you had freshly made tortilla chips your business would boom!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a new restaurant in a location that has housed other restaurants in the past. Unfortunately, it starts with a strike against it in that the location is not very good. It is right on Michigan Avenue at the intersection of Maple Road and the parking lot is not always easy to access. We went on Friday January 25th at about 6:30 pm. The parking lot was absolutely full and my wife went in to see how long the wait was while I looked for parking. There was no wait at all, in fact the restaurant was less than 1/2 full. I ended up parking at the Domino's next door hoping I would not be towed. The CVS lot is a little further away, especially since the door is on the opposite side. The decor is stereotypical - plenty of very bright colors and designs. Even though it was only 1/2 full, it was very loud. The bar has two large screen TVs that did not have the sound on, but talking was loud. We were seated at a booth for two and were a little disconcerted by the proximity of the couple next to us. It was almost as if a booth for four has been separated by an open, metal divider - almost no privacy at all.

The menu is very extensive, but for our first visit, we stuck with the basics as a fair comparison. I ordered enchiladas, 2 beef and one chicken, and my wife ordered a beef burrito. We did have a brand new waitress who is still learning the menu and when I asked her if the enchiladas were made with flour or corn tortillas, she told me they were flour. It turned out that they were corn, which was OK, but I would have preferred flour. My wife asked for sour cream with her burrito as it was not listed as included on the menu. They serve the usual tortilla chips and salsa while we waited for the food. The tortilla chips were OK, not overly salty but also not warm as in other places. When the food arrived, there was no sour cream, we had to ask again for it. The food was not nearly as hot as the plates, and while it was good, it was pretty mediocre compared to other Mexican restaurants we have been to. The spices on both the beef and chicken were completely unremarkable, bordering on bland. The enchiladas did not have much sauce on them, and although the menu said that both the burrito and enchiladas came with cheese, there was very, very little on either.

The price was good, and this is an OK restaurant. We probably will not go back because of the lack of parking and the fact that a better Mexican restaurant with plenty of parking is only 3 miles away.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Cancun recently opened its Saline location and we tried it just the other night. We went at 4:30 pm on Saturday and the place was pretty packed... a good sign! We were immediately impressed with the decor and feel of the place. It's very sunny and bright with many of the colorful painted wooden tables and chairs that you would find in a Mexican market. We heard a lot of Spanish as we were directed to our table ... good sign number 2.

Now for the food - it was really good but the hard part was picking from among what seemed like hundreds of choices. If you have bad eyesight, don't forget your glasses. They pack a lot of entries in the menu in what seems like 6 point type. My boyfriend ordered a burritos platter and I ordered the Alambres. We were both really pleased with our dishes and the serving sizes were very generous. Really good chips and salsa too! We had two "monster" margaritas (regular and mango) and they arrived in 24 oz bird baths. They were good, too, and did not seem to be thrown together with sour mix as many are. There was actually tequila in them. We only needed one, for sure! Service was impeccable. They were very attentive but not overly so. Food arrived quickly and hot. Anything we requested was brought to us immediately.

I've reviewed the other Mexican restaurant in the area, El Zarape, and between the two, I give an edge to Cancun on the basis of atmosphere, portions, options, and quality of margaritas. My boyfriend preferred his meal to the equivalent at the other place, but my Alambres was slightly better at Zarape. Here it was chicken and bacon in the cheesy sauce, at Zarape, chicken and chorizo. That's a personal thing for me though and it was still very good here. We highly recommend giving Cancun a try for lunch, dinner, or a happy hour with some great margaritas and snacks! It's nice to have two excellent Mexican places just a short drive from our home!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was here last week when meeting with some friends. My friends recommended this place and it did not disappoint. The menu was so large it was a bit intimidating. The restaurant was clean and the service was fast and friendly. I would not hesitate returning next time I was in the area.