“Good Food, Attentive Servers, Unique View”
Review of Silver Beach Pizza

Silver Beach Pizza
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in a century old train station 200 yards from the shore of Lake Michigan Serving award winning thin crust pizza. Full bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by the front desk attendant at our hotel in Benton Harbor. It was a busy Saturday night - a holiday weekend at that - and they offered the convenience of Waitlist through Yelp. There was an estimated wait of 70 minutes, after we found parking, and checked in, we had a first floor patio seating within 5 minutes!

Parking tip: they will reimburse you $5 on your parking if you use the public lot south of the compass fountain.

(We learned this the hard way and paid $12 for the beach lot ) #supportlocal

Even though the restaurant was busy on this beautiful night - the servers were attentive. They have a unique green/red medallion on the table for you to utilize to let the staff know if you need service or not. Think Brazilian steakhouse method - but opposite. Green means you are good, red means you need service.

We ordered the shrimp stuffed with jalapeño cream cheese as an app. It was OK - your typical deep fried bar appetizer.

We then had a half portion of the wedge salad and a large sausage pizza. The wedge salad came out wrong - but was immediately corrected - even before I touched the plate. Salad was good - especially if you love blue cheese. (I mean, who doesn’t?!)

Pizza was great! Tavern cut and we are pretty sure the crust had Asiago cheese sprinkled on it. Crispy crust, loved the sweet sauce, and crumbled sausage. HUGE portion!

One of the drinks we ordered was the Apple Pie Moscow Mule. GET THIS. So so so good!

The first floor view is next to the train tracks (I actually loved this!) and overlooks the park in front of Compass Fountain, the beach and lake sit just beyond that.

We will be back for more pizza and mules and to check out the second floor next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is legit. I was introduced to this wonderful restaurant through my boyfriends family. I have never enjoyed this type of pizza before and I feel like I’ve been missing out on it my entire life. I literally dream of this pizza- there’s nothing like it in the south. There’s not much to do in St Joesph but I would literally spend an evening here just eating pizza. Great sangria too! If they froze pizza and shipped; I would be the #1 customer. I cannot day enough about how mouthing wateringly delicious their food is!

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I am from NY, but have lived here for 17 years. Quite frankly, Midwest people have no clue about ethnic food. If it tastes good, they think it's the best. This pizza place is very good, for the area. There is nothing else around. The pizza tastes good. Yes, but it's not really pizza. It is like a tortilla with cheese on it. The crust is too thin, the toppings chopped too tiny, and the sauce is nothing special; Mind you, I liked the food. The people are friendly. The place is close. But, REAL pizza, it is not. .

Reviewed May 13, 2018

I ordered some pizza for carryout to use a superbook coupon I had and had my first bad experience here. First, I had to park a distance away and walk to the carryout window because the 2 parking spots reserved for carryout were taken by people just hanging around talking. There is a sign saying it is parking for carryout only and 5 minute limit; however, it must not be enforced because there were no other people in line at the carryout window. When I arrived home with the pizza, I was surprised to see the peperoni pizza overcooked and had a large portion of the mid section missing cheese and pepperoni. It looked like it was not suitable to leave the kitchen and I regret not taking a picture of it and contacting the manager, but I had to leave for work soon. Its just disappointing to pay a higher price at a tourist trap thinking you are getting better food, when in reality most reputable places would not let a defective item leave the kitchen. Never again.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We are locals and go to SBP occasionally. Anytime we have out of town guests, we have to go. Everyone LOVES this place. There is something special about their pizza. It’s addictive and the best pizza ever. Would highly recommend for tourists visiting.....you won’t be disappointed.