Bistro on The Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro on The Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recently returned back to the city of St. Joseph, and was pleased with yet another meal at Bistro on The Boulevard. The meal was perfect, the staff was professional and courteous.

Returned later that evening for a nightcap and dessert...everything was Top Notch!

Take advantage of sitting on the patio which overlooks the Bluff and Lake Michigan.

1  Thank Rae46219

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I dined at The Bistro three times while in town, I don't think you could go wrong with anything on the Menu. The menu has an expansive selection and everything is made with the freshest ingredients.

2  Thank Rae46219
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to the Bistro on Saturday evening for dinner. I was giving the place a second chance after a bad experience last year. This time, they got three strikes against them and we are done with the Bistro.
One, it should not take an hour to get a salad and ninety minutes to get an entree. Both of which was totally uncomplicated dishes.
Two, a bug crawled out of my lettuce in the first salad. It was replaced, but again, it took a long time.
Three, I ordered my beef tips without the potatoes. It came with the potatoes. The meal had to go bad and it returned with the broccoli that I had originally ordered.
At no time, did a manager come to our table to apologize, nor were we offered a complimentary dessert or something to compensate for the mistakes.

Years ago with the old chef, it used to be a pleasure to eat at the Bistro, but with two bad experiences in a row, I for sure will not be back. Not worth the time or the money.

4  Thank Shirley L
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Professional staff that was helpfull in making good food and drink choices. I found the seafood medalee to be both tasty and satisfying. The bread pudding was a slight disappointment.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Chicago has so many good restaurants but this was special. Wine list, fish and oh yes...the sunset. Made it perfect.

1  Thank 44chris