All reviews royal oak victoria room great hosts wine tour downtown st large jacuzzi tub dietary restrictions both mornings each morning get away watching the birds electric fireplace an amazing trip min drive cherry pie anniversary celebration wine country
Reviewed June 25, 2018

My wife and I stayed in the Pond Walk Out Suite for our anniversary. The room was lovely, peaceful and relaxing. My wife was very surprised by the roses, wine and chocolate. The three course breakfast both mornings was excellent.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Jason P
Reviewed May 30, 2018

We stayed in the Pond Walk Our Suite for two nights. It was quit charming, lots of room and ambiance. The breakfast's were gourmet. The host were very nice and accommodating. The price was very reasonable considering there was a Senior PGA Tournament being played Saint Joseph. I would definitely recommend the Dove Nest B & B to anyone who wishes to get away for a quiet, relaxing place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank David G
Reviewed May 29, 2018

My wife and I stayed in the Royal Oak room for three nights to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. Jon and Jitka were pleasant and helpful in all respects. We enjoyed breakfast and the company the first morning tremendously, unfortunately, our schedule got us out and about before 9am then next two mornings and we missed the wonderful breakfasts. A beautiful spot tucked away in town, very, very nice.

Room tip: Loved the Royal Oak
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We recently had a wonderful mid-week, Mid-March getaway at The Dove Nest. Each morning, John made us a gourmet 3 course breakfast (fresh fruit; omelet with sautéed peppers and asparagus, toast, butter and jam; home made cherry pie with whipped cream). In the evening, Jitka made us a roaring fire in the living room fireplace. We appreciated soaking in the wonderful whirlpool tub after an afternoon of walking the beach in Saugatuck (beautiful even in the Winter)! Jitka gave us excellent restaurant recommendations. Both the accommodations and hospitality were outstanding!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Dove Nest for MLK weekend. It was very pleasant, quiet and romantic...exactly what we were looking for. The home is very, very clean and John and Jitka were very accommodating. John's breakfasts were fantastic, always surprising us with something slightly new and exciting. They made us feel very comfortable. We took advantage of the cross country skiing and snowshoeing that is offered near by. Seeing Lake Michigan in its frozen glory was also breathtaking. We were happy to see that many of the restaurants, bars and shops downtown were still open in the off season. I definitely recommend and will be back. Thank you for sharing your home with us!

Date of stay: January 2018