“Pride, tranquility, serenity, and passionate owners”

Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Saint Joseph B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I experienced our first B&B at Dove Nest. Beginning to end, our stay was very special and peaceful! John and Jitka are very proud of their B&B! Small thoughts of care with the biggest intentions. Very clean, peaceful, tranquility, and serenity invite you to this wonderful home. The food was phenomenal and the dessert was absolutely mouth-watering. John personally drove us to the wineries, placed our items we bought in his own vehicle while we continued to eat and sample wines. He was so patient, kind, and knowledgeable about the area. We were able to indulge and enjoy ourselves to the fullest at the wineries! We will definitely be returning! Thank you John and Jitka! S&W

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank spaghettilover

Reviewed June 6, 2013

excellent and clean accomodations, excellent food, and host/hostess. Beach parking pass very helpful. blue sky room very nice. food allergies accomodated to needs. Trip Advisors 200 character minimum not necessary.

Room Tip: excellent accomodations, food, and host/hostess. Beach parking pass very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pete b
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We love the St. Joseph area and have visited this area many times over the last 5 years. My husband decided to treat me to a special weekend that we shared with our youngest son.and wife. The Blue Sky Suite was a dream and perfect to share. We enjoy visiting the beach, quaint downtown and wineries. We spent several hours each day enjoying being at the Dove Nest. I loved the flowers and listening to the cooing of Doves and homing Pigeons while eating warm brownies. It was heaven for me and my family. The breakfast was delicious and healthy.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank casachappo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The gods must have been in our favor when booking our first B&B experience. So call me a snob but there was something about my pre-conceived notions of B&Bs as rooms overflowing with doilies and lace that made me stay away. So imagine my surprise after just spending one of the most relaxing and lovely weekend getaway with John and Jitka.

The stay was nothing short of spectacular. From the beautiful surroundings that invited long and lazy hours of reading or simply listening to the beautiful sounds of nature to the scrumptious 3-course breakfast, John and Jitka will treat you as guests and not just as "customers." Every great thing has already been mentioned here and if it hasn't been emphasized enough, treat yourself to a wonderful getaway. It is obvious that John and Jitka handles their business with love and pride.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here because they allow a one night reservation (rare in this area). We were pleasantly surprised. The Royal Oak bedroom has a private deck with views of the pond and the beautifully landscaped grounds. The bed was comfortable, the whirlpool tub was extremely relaxing ... and the gas fireplace was very cozy on a cool evening. Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Where do I start describing my experience at Dove Nest B&B. I have been visiting B&B's all my life since last 15 years, all over the east coast from NH, MA to NC, SC. I just moved to Michigan and was browsing through where to go for a weekend get away with my wife and daughter. I came across Dove Nest B&B. It looked exactly what I was looking for. I called them and reserved the pond view room. We reached closer to 5pm.. and the B&B host Jitka was waiting to receive us. She came outside and saw that we have so much luggage due to a child. She came and helped us carry the luggage. She showed us her entire B&B, settled us down, and then said "I have a surprise for you".. We were then served the most amazing hot yum cherry pie, with coffee. We had that with our daughter, in front of their amazing pond with trees all around us and lots of fishes in the pond .. swimming together. It was very romantic. She then suggested a restaurant http://www.tosis.com/ .. and the beach close by.. Thank you to her suggestion again, we ate at Tosis, one of the best italian food i have ever had (after trying all the restaurants at north end in Boston!).. plus their house wine was amazing.. We were lucky to catch the sunset next to that restaurant. We then came back at the B&B where I was able to connect with John, the owner of the inn. He was great.. we had a short chat before retiring to bed. The view from our room was amazing.. pond view! the bed and everything in the room was comfortable and amazing.. i felt like I was sleeping at home with beautiful surrounding.. very clean, very modern, very inviting. In the morning we were served with a 3 course breakfast.. greek yogurt, crepes with strawberries (yum yum!!) and eggs with toast, butter and what tasted like home made jam.. oh.. the most amazing breakfast i have had in a while. She was also kind enough to connect with our daughter so that me and my wife could have some alone time!

Overall, I must say it was like a dream. Please.. please go and stay there.. and I promise, every moment spent there will be memorable

thank you for letting us stay at your B&B, can't wait to be back

Sumit Tanya & Aisha

Room Tip: loved the pond view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SSDiaries
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I got married this past Aug and decided to have a short honeymoon in St Joseph right after the wedding. The Dove Nest B&B was just what we needed - a quiet, romantic, clean, beautifully decorated B&B, built by the owner himself. You can tell that John and Jitka take pride in making their guests feel welcome and maintaining their home/inn and the gorgeous backyard with a huge bird house and pond. John is continuously improving upon the place - he was in the process of building a gazebo over the pond when we were staying there. And the breakfasts they make are amazing - we especially enjoyed the fruit and yogurt parfaits they made for us. They even displayed some pretty flowers and candles during one of the breakfasts to celebrate our honeymoon. We stayed in the Royal Oak room, and it was fantastic having the tub and our private balcony. We had a wonderful time during our honeymoon and the couple really made us feel so welcome during our stay. Even though we live in MN, we come back to MI at least once a year and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Oak, which has the tub and the private balcony - recommended for those wantin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
The Duncan House Bed and Breakfast
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!