“nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed July 26, 2012

clean room. Nice view of the lake. Friendly staff. Fridge wasn't working but repair man was knocking on the door within 5 min of our call. Turns out it was plugged in the wrong outlet. Bathroom was clean, shower curtian brand new. No odors. Comfortable bed. Ac good. Definitly will stay here again. Breakfast was great, a lot to choose from.

1  Thank TequilaSunrise33

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I'd like to review this place, but I'm afraid I can't. My boyfriend and I drove to St. Joseph one night for a weekend vacation. We got into town a little late and realized we might not have much luck finding somewhere to stay for the night, but the Holiday Inn was the first hotel we saw. We went inside and waited for a good 10 minutes at the front desk while an older gentleman sat in an office within view of us and refused to acknowledge us. When he finally came out, he said nothing but, "What do you want?" We told him, politely, that we had a couple of questions, and he said, "Make it quick, I'm on the phone." We asked if he had any rooms available, and he said no quickly. We asked if he knew of anywhere in town where we might find luck, and he said no. He then stood there and stared at us like we were idiots until we walked out the door. Because of this unfortunate experience, we have pretty much sworn off Holiday Inn entirely, in any city.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristiana S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Kristiana S,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with us. I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our front desk staff. I will follow up with our front office to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I would also like to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Joel B

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My daughter-in-law, my 2 grandsons and I stayed here for a little weekend getaway. We love St. Joe & I have stayed at the Boulevard before but this time I wanted a hotel with a pool for the kids. We had a "Kids Zone" suite which was really very nice. There is a separate bedroom with bunk beds for the kids. We were also told when I made the reservation that the room had a play station 2 in the kids room. Both of my grandsons were very excited about that & brought video games from home to play. Well...the play station in our room did not work. I called down to the front desk and after trying three different game systems they finally found one that worked. Thank you to "Josh" who took the time to find the one that worked. The room was clean, the pool area was nice and the breakfast in the morning was good. The one bad thing was the air conditioning did not work well in the room and it got very warm in the room in the middle of the night. Even though this is a nice enough property, I still think it is over-priced. I will stay here again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were glad to find thid place and were given a reduced price for the room. We were given a room with a king sized bed, and a "Kidzone" room with bunk beds and a playstation 3 in a separate bedrrom for kids. Our son loved it. Pool was very clean, exercise room clean and nice, breakfast the next morning was decent. Cons: Our room had a funky smell even after running the AC in both rooms. Several of our linens were stained and there was no mattress cover, only the sheet directly on the mattress. I am a real stickler about clean linens and the bed linens for the bunk beds looked stained and I wondered if perhaps the blankets had not been washed for some time. Also the carpets appeared somewhat stained and I had ground in what appeared to be cheese on the carpet right by where I was sleeping. This location has a beautiful view of the lake and the staff were all very friendly. I would probably not stay here again just because the room was just not clean enough.

1  Thank cabbageroller

Dear cabbageroller,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are delighted to read you liked our location, your room accommodations and found our staff very friendly. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unusual condition of your room. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Connie D

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was somewhat friendly the only time we really interacted with them was during check in and check out.
When I made reservations at this hotel I was under the assumption that we were going to be near downtown St. Joseph; the website for the holiday inn listed it as 1 mile away. It was much further than that.
The only eatery or bar is the restaurant next door called Cozumel. We had the WORST service I have ever had in my life. We had to go walk around and find people to order from because I waitress never came back after our first order. We were out on the patio and got sick of waiting and we went inside to sit at the bar so we could get service when we wanted it and there was not even a bartender behind the bar there were other people at tables getting up to go find someone so they could cash out and we did the same. After about 15 min. someone showed up without bill. I wanted to leave without paying it but my husband would not. I would not recommend ever going to the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erica B
stjmi, Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

It is unfortunate the service you received at the restaurant next door was not up to standards. However, our business is not affiliated with the restaurant in anyway. Therefore, this review should not have been posted under our business name. Our website does not list the distance from our hotel to the beach. There are 3rd party websites that attempt to list information as correctly as possible but sometimes there are errors. We attempt to monitor these websites as close as possible but we do not have control over them. The beach is approximately 2 miles from our hotel.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the PGA Senior OPen. It has a great location, only about 4 miles from the Harbor Shores G.C. where the event was held. We were upgraded to a suite which had a king size bed, love seat, coffee table, another small round table with two chairs, desk, and jacuzzi tub, plus a full size bath. Our first floor doorwall opened up to our own private patio with two chairs and a small table in between, nice for evening relaxing with a view toward the lake.
Each morning we had a full complimentary breakfast where you could choose - pancakes, eggs, meat, potatoes, toast, bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, juice, milk, cereal, etc. Very nice selection for all.

Room Tip: We had a room off the back corridor on the first floor, doorwall facing toward the indoor pool. From...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjpHowellMi
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel itself is pleasant and clean. But, the staff tends to be apathetic and detached. It is close to the lake and to restaurants. Not bad for a few days, but not for an extended stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewart S
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Dear Stewart S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel pleasant and clean. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and strive to be the best hotel in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our front desk staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. Joseph Stevensville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph? Share your experiences!