“Fantastic and Fresh”
Review of Ban Thai

Ban Thai
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live in Saint Joseph and absolutely LOVE this place. It is quite small but the couple (he works the front and she cooks) who owns the place are so warm and welcoming and make sure you are 100% pleased. They drive to Chicago often for the freshest of ingredients and make EVERYTHING to order. Many 'Asian' inspired restaurants in the area but this is the ONLY one worth visiting.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Their hours are odd. If you're hungry during lunch on a Saturday, don't even think about this place. They are closed.

I got to try their Chicken Pad Thai. It was so saucy. Nothing like the Pad Thai I have tasted in my life, and I've had a few in Thailand. It was like spaghetti sauce on Pad Thai noodles. I don't eat shrimp and I asked for one without it, and I could tell that they just picked it out because the smell was there.

The prices are a bit too much for the food quality. If you're looking for a very spicy entree, ask for the Jungle Curry.

They have an amazing Thai Iced Tea! It's probably the only thing I'll order if I ever go back to this place.

The owner, I guess he was the owner, kept insisting that I go and use their bathroom. I opted not to.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

we really enjoyed this restaurant and will be returning soon! I had the PadThai and it was excellent but best of all they had the best service! Kuddos!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the pad Thai for take out. Far less flavorable than pad Thai I've had other places but still decent and I was determined to enjoy it. Than mid way through the meal I found a 4inch black hair. I cringed but thought well it happens and continued eating. Than I found the second one!! That's too much I threw the rest out and tried to avoid throwing what I had already eaten up! This place used to be great but not anymore :-(

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were so thrilled with Ban Thai when we went there for the first time last week. Both of just loved our meals. Jimmy, the owner, served us himself and was so friendly and helpful. He even gave us a special Thai fruit to try at the end of our meal, for free. We left vowing we would eat here regularly. Southwest Michigan is full of chain restaurants that serve fried foods and have loud bright atmospheres. Ban Thai was a refreshing departure with unique authentic food quickly brought to us, a warm and relaxed atmosphere, soft music, and such charm and individuality. All for a great price! This place is a rare treasure that I would highly recommend!