“So pleasant!”
Review of El Cozumel - CLOSED

El Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful view from patio, great lunch prices. I ordered the shrimp fajita. There were 18 shrimp on my plate with green peppers and onions. These were regular sized shrimp (31-40 per lb) Delicious! Came with salad, rice and refrained beans.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Some of the previous reviews were correct. We had been traveling most of the day and we were more than ready for a great meal. This is an extremely eye catching restaurant from the street with a spectacular looking outdoor patio. However, upon entering the restaurant we could not help to notice the overwhelming musty smell. We did not have to wait to be seated because there were plenty of open tables. We did sit down but decided not to stay because of the odor. Please remember that we did not eat here so I would recommend you to read reviews of others that did eat at this restaurant because it does sound like many have had good experiences.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Always tasty Mexican food with fast and friendly service. Good atmosphere too. Never have to wait for a table or service.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Food was good, service was good- but the view is spectacular on the outdoor patio....absolutely beautiful view.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let me be perfectly clear. We did not actually sit down in this restaurant and eat, but we ordered something to pick up. We were staying at the Holiday Inn Express next door and wanted something to eat on Saturday night. We called the restaurant and were told that they were closing in half an hour, so we could only get something simple. We ordered the beef nachos grande, for 11.99.

My husband picked up the food within ten minutes and brought it up to the room. May I just say that this mess was so unappealing that we barely touched it. Further, the "cheese" began to turn to some sort of strange liquid the consistency of milk. It formed a pool in the bottom of the container and soaked the chips. The "beef" appeared to be some sort of ground beef, not unlike that you would get at Taco Bell.

For 11.99, I expected some tomatoes, olives, sour cream, guac or something, but no. I think the photo speaks for itself. We will not be dining at Cozumel.