“Soooo many flavors to choose from!”

Kilwin's Chocolate and Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Illinois now, moving to MO soon
“Soooo many flavors to choose from!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Whatever you have a taste for, they have it. Also chocolate confections, caramel apples, brittles...the sugar highs are endless! Great old fashioned decor, taste and fun.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Caramel Apples are the Best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We watched them make a plethora of caramel apples, so we had to try one. WOW!! I have never had a caramel apple that you didnt have to chew through the caramel, and then pick it out of your teeth the rest of the evening. The caramel was just firm enough, but super creamy and tender (is that possible??). Absolutely delicious! I had the peach flavored ice cream, also. It was ok, but with the selection of other flavors they had, and the volume of people buying standing in line for ice cream, I'm sure it was just me. Will be back!!

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Yummy, yummy to my tummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Okay, so I'm not the world's biggest ice cream lover. A friend said we needed to go to Kilwin's while we were in St. Joe. The line was crazy long. I was like, "Really?" My kids and hubby were like, "Yes, yes, oh yes, mommy!" And so we went. And the line went pretty quick. And it was good... really, really good. Like best ever. Salted caramel, Kilwin's tracks, cake batter, lemon sorbetto (for my milk-allergy son). Freshly made waffle cones. Oh my! Drooling just thinking of it. Go. Get yourself some yum.

• Visited August 2013
“Great place for traditional ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you like hand scooped ice cream, waffle cones, and yummy chocolate treats, look no further. Lots of choices and cute decor. There are other options for yogurt and soft serve, but this is the best hand dipped.

Channahon, Illinois
“Can I give this place 10 stars?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Best ice cream I have ever had, hands down.

Expect to wait in line, this place is that good.

Too many flavors for me to remember. My favorite is Mint Chocolate chip and it was awesome! The Cookie Dough is super rich. One scoop is more than enough.

It is a bit pricey. We paid about $14 for two, 2 scoop waffle cones.
I was ok with it because the quality is outstanding.

Visited July 2013