Econo Lodge(Saint Joseph)
$75
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph(Saint Joseph)(Great Value!)
$156
The Inn at Harbor Shores(Saint Joseph)(Great Value!)
$259
$114
$131
$114
GardenInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2012

..... We would like to disagree. The lobby was nicely renovated, but that is IT! The moment we walked in our room it went downhill, FAST. The view out the "lakeside" of the hotel was a parking lot and buildings that just so happened to be worked on and it was a lovely sound to wake up to in the morning. Who doesn't love hearing the sound of construction trucks first thing in the morning? We had "peek a boo" views of the lake. Greeting us in our room was the most discusting smell that I canNOT even begin to explain. We had to keep our sliding door open when we were there because it was so overwhelming! The shower was by far the worst we've ever had. It was hot, then cold, then hot, then cold ( I think you get the idea!) The dirty, worn, OLD and nasty carpeting made me sick. We all wore our shoes during the entire stay. We decided it was in our best interest to stay away from the pool and the bar (that was in desperate need of updating) since they were so dated and both looked a little rough for our family. The breakfast included in our stay was less than desirable as well. Overall, this was a big huge mistake. For $80 more (we had 2 rooms, so $40/room) we should have stayed at one of the other hotels. I love St. Joseph, but not this hotel. I am so sorry for being so negative, but it was one the list of top 5 worst hotels we've stayed at....

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mamat2000
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very much misrepresented on theire web site, Way over priced & would never return to this hotel Hot tub was not working, ONE ICE MACHINE for all seven floors (it was located on the ground level) raggity curtains, many small holes very aged material Was looking forward to a beautiful hotel and was expecting a wonderful room! Did not happen, we will be telling anyone who's staying near ST. JOE"S to stay elsewhere

5  Thank Diana S
Reviewed August 26, 2012

While this hotel is located close to a fabulous beach and quaint town, its facilities are well beyond needing assistance. The pool had a very thick cloud in it where you couldn't see your hand even dipped in the water. The spa was dirty and didn't work. The door to the sauna gets stuck because it drags the floor. Housekeeping is a complete joke.... i had to ask for maid service at 5 pm because they hadn't got to our room yet!!!! I had to call the front desk to get someone there and when the person arrived they wanted to know what i wanted done... i told them i wanted her to do what she normally does and tidy the room! Our bathroom had a horrible smell, like old urine and I couldn't find where it was coming from... it just was all throughout! The pillows were chunky and obviously washed too many times. The hotel doors close very hard and you hear that throughout the night from below, next and above your room. Very disappointed for the $160 a night I spent. I will not return to this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Heaven0369
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Dated decor, torn screens, poorly vacuumed rugs, clothes rod pulled out of the wall - great welcome, huh? Let's not even talk about the breakfast! This is a place to stay ONLY if you can't get into something else.

Room Tip: high floor, beach side only
3  Thank AEWishard
Reviewed August 26, 2012

There is no way I would EVER again pay that kind of price for this crap. It is not worth the money. Yes it is close to the beach and the staff is friendly, but for the price that we payed I was expecting something updated and not looking like I just walked into an old 80's motel. At breakfast the toasters were extreemly slow and the banana way too brown. Please take my $200 and invest it in some nicer stuff. I wish we saved our money on the room and spent it on the cab ride to one of the nicer less expensive hotels only a little further away.

6  Thank Jenn J