“Honeymoon and Beyond.. Seriously”
Review of Silver Beach Hotel

Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Saint Joseph
South Bend, Indiana, United States
“Honeymoon and Beyond.. Seriously”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I love Silver Beach Hotel.. The first time I was there was 10-8-07.. for my honeymoon.. My husband and I have went back numerous times for various occasions.. anniversary's, birthdays, and family get togethers.. we have been there alone, with friends, and even took our kids and grandkids for the weekend.. we love it being so close to the beach. The service is wonderful.. we have 13 year old girls who everyone has learned to know by name.. that makes us feel very comfortable when we visit.. they like to roam.. and we see an employee and ask if they have seen either of our girls they can always tell us where they are, whether it be the pool or the exercise room, or breakfast area.... that shows me that they care.. We love it there and will always recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome place to get away.. Really if you are local, or traveling.. Silver Beach Hotel is the best place to visit..

Room Tip: jacuzzi rooms are the best.. awesome view of the lake.. awesome room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Clinton Twp
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I shopped rates and was quoted $63.00 each, for 2 rooms, 3 weeks before my fishing trip. Upon a 9:30 pm arrival and a long drive, I was rather anxious to get to bed for the 5 am wake-up. The girl behind the counter hi-lited the small print sign here places, which I did and we were off to bed. By 5 am they had a large print bill slid under the door which I didn't recieve at the sign in and was billed $83.00 for each room, (Ya, shame on me for not reading the fine print ,but I expected the quoted price). I went to the night clerk and was told there was nothing he could do, I would have to wait till the day manager came in. Long story short, She said you signed in agreement for the $83.00 price, which is their discounted price, said the $63.00 was their weekend price and she would make no adjustments....Not a good place to do business with, Either someone quoting their pricing doesn't know their business or worse, they lie to get you in the door.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank palindrome1
SBHotelSaintJoseph, Front Office Manager at Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Unfortunately we're not mindreaders! That's why we ask our guests to initial their acceptance of the rate. If at that point they tell us they were quoted a limited time weekend special rate instead of the rate the reservation was booked at, we can look and see whether we can accommodate the misunderstanding.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Me and my fiance stayed at The Silver Beach Hotel in March of this year because her Grandmother was having a 90th birthday party. The staff was outstanding. They answered all our questions and made us feel at home. They even let us stay in the pool/hot tub 1 hour past closing which was well needed after a 20hr drive from New Orleans, LA. The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. The free breakfast in the morning rocked; especially the waffles. Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay. We will be staying there again when we visit in the summer.

Room Tip: Get the Riverside/Beach View
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marigny_Massage
Livonia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great experience. After charter fishing during the day, it was great to come back and relax in our rooms. We had large group of friends, staying in several rooms. We all enjoyed Buoys (Bar inside of the hotel) friendly wait staff. The owner even set tables up for us to play cards. We are already talking about next years trip. A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed in the king spa suite for the Spring Fling Wine Festival at the hotel. It was very reasonably priced. I would not consider it a luxury hotel, but for the amenities and price, it's a good value. The room condition was clean and spacious. There was a separate living room area with table, chairs, sofa, tv. The other room had a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, tv, small sink/fridge/microwave.
Both rooms had a balcony with lake view.

We were pleased with the quality. I do think the lobby was a lot nicer than the hallway and once we got off the elevator I said "uh-oh", but the room turned out to be nice and clean for the price. There were some water stains around and imperfections, but overall it was a good value.
My only minor issue was the jacuzzi tub. It's massive for a slim/shorter person. My feet didn't reach anywhere near the other end of the tub so I felt like I was swimming in there. It was fun, but impossible to relax.

The bar downstairs got very crowded/fun over the weekend and was a nice option for something to do late night.

The breakfast was just ok, but there are some cafes and restaurants less than 1 block away.

Location is excellent. In the town center, less than 1 block from the strip/shops and the lake is right there.

We will stay again.

Room Tip: It sounds as if some regular (non-suite) rooms are older and not remodeled so that might be the issu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was fine. We had a good price and the location is pretty good. It was near downtown, and certainly within walking distance of everywhere. The rooms were average. We had periods of little to no hot water, but overall it was satisfactory. We went with friends, and got a room next to theirs, which allowed us to open the door between the rooms. That was convenient for getting together easily without having to leave the room to enter through their hallway door.

We didn't use the pool (indoor), but we went down there to "check it out" and it seemed fine. We will bring our swim suits next time and try it out. Breakfast (included) was fine. Not a ton of choices of things to eat, but satisfactory.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LaPorte, IN
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I took my kids in a very unseasonably HOT March during a midweek break & had a great time. It was their first time overnight at a hotel. The room was very nice, beds were great. I should have asked for a room higher up because they loved riding the pretty elevators so much . The pool was enjoyable although it is in older room. Smaller pool than I thought for being " the largest in the area". I guess most go there for the lake not the pool. Kept us busy & wore out the kids though. Nice location in town. The lady at the desk was very nice & even called the museum to check the hours for us. I liked the fact its an older hotel because I didn't hear ANYTHING. So often you can hear your neighbors in newer hotels. With 2 kids I didn't want to be the one keeping everyone else awake. Breakfast was very filling & lots to choose from. Will visit again for a nice easy get away.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for a prettier view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI

Been to Silver Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!