“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before heading over to Mackinac island. The guy at check in was very friendly and personable. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The break at was good. We plan on staying here the next time we are in town!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candlewick1

Reviewed October 7, 2013

But for the noise, I would give this hotel four stars. The rooms are clean and half of them front on the lake. Especially the rooms on the ground floor where you can walk directly to the beach, the place is reminiscent of Cap Cod -- complete with the lounge chairs.

Our room had a hot tub in the living room with more mirrors than a circus fun house. The bedroom was walled off with an interesting angled wall -- a distinctive layout with a great view. Unfortunately, all this was undercut by the level of room to room noise, especially from above. We could hear every step, every TV program, etc.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was quite good.

I would stay here again, but ONLY on the top floor.

Room Tip: Get a top room or bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank VenturaTraveler13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear VenturaTraveler13,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our service and facilities are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

While we are pleased you found your overall experience with us, satisfactory, we would like to apologize for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay. We would like to assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Joel B

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Although this hotel is in a good location, and has wonderful views of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island, it is not your typical Holiday Inn Express. The room was exceeding small, there was no sitting area, the bathroom consisted of a tub and stool, and the vanity was located in the room itself, not with the tub and stool. The furniture was well worn, and the lock on the door was extremely hard to operate.

The eating area for breakfast was extremely small, with tables literally sitting in the hallway.

It did however have a beautiful view of the lake and Mackinac island. It is conveniently located to the little downtown area of St Ignace, ferries to Mackinac Island, and the Mackinac Bridge.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have water views but ask to make sure.

Dear Gil B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you liked our hotel location. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and its one of the best hotels in the area - north or south of Mackinac. This is hotel which I appreciate as the motels in the area don't offer much protection from the winds coming off the straights. The pool here is OK (indoors only) and the exercise room is small, could use an equipment update but the rooms are standard fare for this price point. Clean updated and well-equipped. There is no beach here to speak of. Its a short walk into "town". The lower level hallways smelled somewhat damp and musty so I'd ask for a room on the entry level or higher.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed at many different Holiday Inn Expresses, and this hotel did not live up to its name. From the front desk personnel eating at the desk, to the door not locking (did not realize this until the morning), to the horrible bed. I do have to say the room was nice and spacious. We also had a deck that looked out onto Lake Huron. We did have to clean the chairs on the deck before we could sit in them, something I think the cleaning staff should be doing daily. During the night I could not sleep (did I mention the horrible beds), I got up and wanted change for the vending machine. I went to the front desk and waited for someone to help me. There was a staff person in the lobby setting up for breakfast. I waited for a couple minutes, she had said hi to me, so I thought someone else must man the desk and rang the bell. The woman in the lobby then came and asked if I needed anything. Why would she let someone stand at the desk? Now about the bed. It was the worse hotel mattress I have ever slept on. It was soft, lumpy, and if you tried to sleep near the edge, you ended up in the middle. Most sleeper sofas that I have slept on were better then this bed. When I come back to St Ignace, I will definitely stay someplace else!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Judy G,

Firstly let me offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Yes it may cost a little more than others in the area but, this time I got what I paid for-a great overnight stay. Located on the shore, with a view of the bay and Mackinac Island. Building about 20 years old but recently renovated, CLEAN outside and in. Our room was nicely appointed comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly & helpful. Business center, wifi, pool & hot tub. I have to say their breakfast is better than most. Yes the cinnamon rolls are good but, their meat and eggs are better than most other hotels serve. They have flavor and not dried out. Yes we enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on 9/8/13 and had a wonderful stay. Four adults in a lakeside room. The room was spacious, clean, and beds very comfy. Our room looked out at beautiful Lake Michigan with a walk out balcony and chairs. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast yummy. Only 80 per night, it was quite a bargain,

Room Tip: Lakeside room is a must
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family