Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front
$80
Quality Inn Lakefront(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$96
America's Best Value Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$76
$70
$103
Super 8 St. Ignace(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$72
Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
$125
$60
$58
$96
$88
Cedar Hill Lodge(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewsmackinac islandroom was cleanside windowhot tubcinnamon rollstop floorgreat viewwater viewnice sizeyogurtsausagelakestferryseagullsqueenmi
Reviewed August 6, 2013

So this Holiday Inn was very average. Nothing really bad, but nothing great either. Will say it’s a nice, quiet location. And we had a balcony with beach views, plus you could see all of Mackinac Island, so that was lovely. But the room itself looks a bit worn down. It was clean though. A few complaints: This place’s walls are paper-thin. My BF and I got there and checked in, it was about 3:30 pm. We were really tired so we went to take a nap. Well, two young women were cleaning next door and were talking extremely loud. Now, I should have just asked them politely to quiet down, but I didn’t want to tick them off, as they would no doubt be cleaning our room. And they were kind of talking crap about the guests. For example: “How is there pee on the toilet? Only girls slept here! Disgusting!” and all about their personal lives and how they’re amazed people pay the kind of money they charge to stay there. Yikes. They just didn’t seem very pleasant. However, our room had a connecting door, and at one point the girls were literally whispering and I could still here every word they said. So if you stay here, you MUST bring earplugs. We were lucky that our neighbor was quiet, but if there had been children next door it would have been a nightmare. One other con was that there was only one ice machine, and it was on the first floor. So that sucked. But again, not too bad overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Tracy H,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our location. However, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the noise and unsatisfactory attitude of some of the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as this issue will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful.
It is not their fault this hotel is in such disarray. Some kind of strong objectionable disinfectant is used in the room. The room was dirty. Goop on table from someone else. Dust in lamps and back of chairs. The sheets didn't seem fresh. At this point I just wanted to leave. Very strange room lay out. Not comfortable feeling.

Room Tip: perhaps if you chose a full water view....it might not be so bad. Our room 208 had a strong smell like really bad disinfectant.. The room was set up in a very uncomfortable way, there was a big whirlpool in the middle of the room. It felt dirty to me. We were right above the laundry and in the morning you couldn't sit out side the laundry smell was so strong. There was goop on the table from another guest. All the lamps and backs of chairs we dusty. I couldn't leave fast enough.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kathleen C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Ignace-Lake Front, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Kathleen C,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We are very appreciative that you felt our service at the Front Desk was excellent. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, we would like to apologize that our housekeeping service and the cleanliness of the room amenities fell below your expectations. This is definitely not up to standards and rest assured, your comments will be reviewed to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to better serve your needs in the near future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent two nights in St. Ignace, Michigan at the Holiday Inn Express. We requested a quiet part of the hotel and an upper floor with a lake front view. We were delighted to find our room was a corner room on the top floor with almost no noise at all. The hotel was clean, in fact our room was still being finished when we checked in and brought our luggage up. No problems since it was simply a matter of vacuuming and finishing the bed coverings, we left our suitcases and headed out to visit the attractions of the Mackinac Island area. As we left the building the desk clerk asked if everything was ok and we told him of the cleaning issue and assured him we were fine with things. He insisted on giving us a credit on our bill for being inconvenienced.

Our every arrival and departure was met with smiles and hello from the staff. The elevator (unfortunately the only elevator)was held for us by a cleaning person who noticed us walking down the corridor. Just a very nice gesture and much appreciated. All the public areas were kept clean and even the overflow breakfast area was straightened quickly and ready for more guests. Free breakfast is adequate and a nice perk to start the day of sightseeing.
We enjoyed our view and the only problem was the elevator was crowded and took a short wait during breakfast hours. Actually the design of the hotel makes the stairs an easy option except when moving luggage because the property slopes down to Lake Huron. Sunrise over the lake is not to be missed. After our last awful hotel stay in St. Ignace, we were very pleased with this hotel and leave with good feelings about the entire area.

Room Tip: Lots of families stay here, so an upper floor as far away from the indoor pool as possible is a good idea if you are traveling without children. Pay the extra for a lakefront room...the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I arrived here without a reservation on a Tuesday in late July, and the nice front desk clerk had a room available for the two nights that I wanted to stay there. The first room he assigned to me was on the lobby level as he had nothing upstairs. Understandable since I had no reservation and hadn't made a prior room request. However, this room was right on a major parking lot, and lots of noise was immediately noticed. Also, hall noise was exceptionally bad with kids running and screaming right outside the room! So, I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. He only had one on the lower level, but it was facing the beach! That was much nicer, but I was still close to laundry machines, and yet more noisy kids were frolicking in the hallways here too. But I took the room for the night. The next day, before leaving for Mackinac Island on a day trip, I requested a top floor room facing the beach. To my pleasant surprise, they assigned me one upon my return, and even moved my luggage that I had stored with them at the front desk to the room! Can't say enough about the front desk service. The room was totally quiet. No hallway noise.

If I had gotten the top floor room to begin with, I'd have given this hotel five stars. As it is, the rooms vary so much here, that you could end up with a two-star experience if not careful or unlucky. I really wanted to give this 3 1/2 stars, but rounded it up to 4 due to the excellent front desk crew.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a beach-facing room, 4th floor if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night at the HI on our way to Munising and used our Priority Points. We got there earlier than expected (1:00PM) so we sat outside by the water because our room wasn't ready. It was very relaxing and the view was beautiful. After a few hours we were able to check in and to our surprise they gave us an upgrade....a Jacuzzi suit with view of Lake Huron. The room was very big, when you walked in there was the bathroom, hot tub, couch, TV fridge etc. There is a wall separating the bedroom (with a king bed) from the living room area. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple