“My Favorite Hotel in St. Ignace!”

Quality Inn Lakefront
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years, this year I stayed August, 17th, 18th and 19th. First day I stayed on the bottom floor because the hotel was booked because of the gold wings motorcycle event, the room was clean and very comfortable we had two queen sized beds overlooking lake Huron, There's a sliding door to walk outside where there are chairs so you can enjoy the lake also a sandy beach area, although access to the lake is hard because you have to walk down a bunch of huge rocks to get to the water but the view is amazing. The bathrooms just got brand new shower heads, the other nights I stayed on the 3rd floor my family prefers a 3rd room floor in this hotel because the rooms are much more spacious then ground level, the 3rd level rooms have brand new beds that are really nice also in this hotel I like that they give you a lot of pillows 4 on each bed, I like to have lots of them. The room was nice because you can open the sliding screen door and walk out onto the patio and enjoy the sunset or sunrise I relaxed while having some pizza and watching the sailboats drift by. For those with elderly family members this hotel is equipped with a elevator also there is a pool, hot tub, drink machine, treat machine, computer in lobby and a small breakfast in the mornings, usually I walk to the lobby to get coffee for my family it's a walk from the hotel but worth it. This hotel is located a stones throw away from all of the great things St. Ignace has to offer! I wouldn't want to stay any other place!

1  Thank Rebeccamarie83
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Lakefront

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We always stay 1 night here before 2 nights on the island. We've tried every hotel up there but none beat the view on the top floor. But I do suggest going to java joes for breakfast, this one is not very good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived late at night, was recognized for being a elite member for choice.
Arrived to a HUGE HUGE HUGE room just based on the layout.
Woke up the next morning to a beautiful sunrise on the water.
Breakfast is served detached from the rooms but still close, was very busy but good selection.
Great Value for the view and breakfast.
Arrived to late to use hot tub (Closes at 10pm) and morning had tons of kids in it.
Bed was very comfortable!

Room Tip: Great Views of water was on a corner
1  Thank Fuller0035
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like older hotels like I stayed at when I was a kid. This reminds me of that, but with updated rooms. Flat screen tv's beach right outside your room. Free breakfast. All for about 68 bucks on Memorial Day. I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in! The view was fantastic! The pool & hot tub area was nice too. I don't recommend walking the beach area, as people tended to use it as an ashtray! Yuck! They should clean that up! That would be my only complaint. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would recommend a lake view room. Worth the money.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ive been coming to St. Ignace for 20 years. Ive probably stayed at every hotel at some point. While the Quality is perhaps nothing amazing it certainly deserves to be rated much higher than most of the places here.

Its one of the big, lakeside chains. Ive stayed at all of those in recent years and they are essentially all the same.

If everything happens to be the same price then maybe the Quality isnt THE best choice but more than likely it will be cheaper than the other options in town.

The building is about 50 feet from the water, has a balcony with a perfect view of the lake and Mackinac Island, came with a jacuzzi and a king bed for almost half the price of the other chains next door.

The place is clean, maybe a little out of date but nothing to get worked up about.

If youre on any kind of budget at all or simply dont mind if theres a crack on a bathroom tile (and that sort of thing) then the Quality is the best.

So just to sum up, if everything is the same price Quality may be youre 3rd or 4th choice of the lakeside chains but if they keep their prices down like they have been theres no reason you shouldnt come here first,

Room Tip: 3rd floor room in the middle of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

So I am a planner; I like to know what Im doing and when and where Im staying and how far it is from everything and yada yada yada...well I was going to stay at a different motel in mackinaw city however, last minute I changed it to here because it was going to be sort of chilly and I wanted an indoor pool. So I went to expedia and picked the cheapest one...at 130 a night...with a private beach and indoor pool, I went with it. Well I showed up and just because the hotel is on the lake does not mean it has a private beach. There is about six feet of sand, then 20 feet of trees and brush and then a rocky wall and then the water. No sandy beach, with waves rolling up the shore...which is what I was expecting for a private beach. The pool and hot tub was good, the breakfast was standard, the room was clean, and not smelly. Its in a good location, within two minutes of town. Within in walking/biking distance.

However, there are tons of hotels along these roads. I mean back to back hotels and motels and once you get up there they are all competing with very low prices...probably half of what i paid per night. And not one said no vacancy. If I go again, I will not be booking online...I will wing it and just know that there will most def be a hotel vacancy for cheap once I get there.