“Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Saint Ignace
ohio
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Just returned from U.P. in Michigan - almost everyone there is friendly, and the staff at the hotel is no exception. They were helpful and accomodating.
Pros of hotel:
- friendly staff
-very clean rooms
Cons of hotel:
-PAPER thin walls - I could hear converstaions in the next room with no problems. Also, it's annoying at 4:30 a.m. when someone is getting up early to check out.
-inadequate bathroom lighting - give us some brighter bulbs!!! Even with the 15-minute heat lamp timer turned on, the bathroom is too dark

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlottesville, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stopped here on my way around the Great Lakes, from Toronto to Milwaukee via Sault Ste. Marie. Convenient location to I-75, US 2 and quick access to a park at the end of the road, with an absolutely gorgeous view of the Mackinac Bridge and Lake Michigan. The sunset there was gorgeous! A Big Boy restaurant is right next door and there are a few junk stores down US 2 to check out. People were very nice in this area. Time seemed to flow slower on the U.P.

The hotel itself was nothing special. The staff was friendly and the young man at the front desk vocally expressed his amazement that a traveler from Virginia was staying there. The room was typical of a roadside hotel and didn't seem particularly clean or dirty. The view out the window was of a dumpster or a storage shed. I slept well, woke up early and continued on my way having felt like I had seen a unique slice of Americana rarely experienced.

Would I recommend this hotel: If you've been traveling 10 hours and you need a place to rest your head. Yes. Plus, the Mackinac Bridge is a "Modern Marvel" and St. Ignace can thank the History Channel for this traveler stopping by.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ypsilanti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

It was a totally unexpected rarity to find a hotel that offers the comforts (PLUS) of home at a moderate price. It was wonderful to make yourself right at home in the intimate sitting area (just like your living room) off the lobby in the big comfy chairs, grab a book off the shelf to read, get freshly-popped popcorn and a hot cup of hot chocolate/coffee---or use the internet---and to have the gift shop open for shopping at your convenience--not theirs. It was great to sit in the breakfast nook--just like your nook or dining room at home-- to eat a hardy breakfast (scrambled eggs, juice, fresh fruit, and all the fixings) the next morning. In addition, the rooms were clean and comfortable and afforded the amenities that one might need while on vacation/business travel.

The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. What a great combination, right? Try it yourself and you won't be disappointed. You may just want to stay a few days.

And did I add that the location being next to I-75 and close to an awesome photo-stop of the Big Mac is great, too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Haverhill, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

When I checked in I informed the clerk I had 2 dogs with me and agreed to the extra $20 pet fee. My dogs stayed on leash the entire time and slept on blankets that I carry for them when we travel. When I checked out, the pet fee wasn't on my bill, I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk who thanked me for my honesty and told me not to worry about it. When I got home I noticed an additional charge of $45 on my VISA bill. I had to call twice to speak with the manager who was immediately belligerent, rude, and accusatory. She refused to listen, cutting me off in mid-sentence and refused to refund the additional charges. She told me the dogs were on furniture, which they were not, and that now they would have to clean the coverlet/bedspread. I questioned her on that and was told they do not wash the coverlet between every guest.

The desk clerks were nice and the hotel itself seemed clean but I wouldn't recommend it after having to deal with the general manager.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wolftraveller

Travelers are raving about these Saint Ignace hotels

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

Recently our uncle passed and once again we were at Quality Inn in St. Ignace. I have never written a review and this time I am going to. The manager always goes out of her way to make everyone totally comfortable and totally welcome. The staff with their friendly smiles and service to please always makes an impression to people walking through the door. I like the perks; free popcorn in the popcorn machine as you sit and watch the hockey game in the lounge, hot tub and sauna, fancy covered plate with cookies in the room to welcome you, great continental breakfast, brightly decorated rooms, coffee all day long and a staff to please. I am impressed !!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Big Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights. I have stayed in many hotels here in St. Ignace, never here because it's really out of "town" and away from the water. I can't find anything bad to say! The staff is great (not rude at all!) and were very accomodating. The breakfast is great too! AWESOME will stay again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
howell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

my husband and i staryed for a few days to get away, the room was nice, location good and the bed was comfortable that said, we checked out got home and found our credit card was charged with someone elses charges, to a total of almost 300.00. i called to get it taken off and the lady at the desk tells me they didnt charge my card and that i needed to have my bank fax them proof, she was very rude and not caring of the situation they put me into. not an im sorry or anything just an attitude and belittling tone of voice. i will never stay here again. you cant trust them with your credit card, you dont know what youll end up being charged and then be in a position to wait until its disputed by the credit card company.
i would recomend the super 8, it was excellent but doesnt take dogs...also holiday inn express awsome when its open. just dont get the rudeness where is the customer service anymore???

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple