“Very Nice - Excellent Value”

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Excellent hotel with a wonderful staff. I think that some of the staff are part of the family that owns the franchise. They do an excellent job with the entire site. There is a bonfire in the evening with roasted marshmallows and smores. We visited in early June so the rates were quite reasonable. The room had a balcony and a view of the lake. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront

Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is my 8 or 9th stay at this hotel. It is tradition for us to stay here the night before we head to Mackinac Island. I love this hotel. It is a best western, not a resort, but has many extra ammenities that you don't ordinarily see in a chain hotel: 2 pools, outdoor pool has glass walls to keep out the wind and has an attached hot tub and zero entry, indoor pool with hot tub which is open until 11:00pm, standard chain hotel breakfast, playground, evening bonfire with free marshmallows and roasting sticks, and a game room. The only thing missing is a fitness room. The staff is great and each time I come I'm welcomed back as a returning guest. I like the Superior building which overlooks the outdoor pool. If you don't like noise, stay in a different building. There are 4 to choose from. We lucked out this time and had a 3rd floor room with a large balcony overlooking the outdoor pool. The pool was supposed to close at 10:00pm, but staff didn't kick the swimmers out until nearly 11:00pm. On Saturday nights in the summer there are fireworks overlooking the bay in St. Ignace. We could see the fireworks from the hallway balcony on the other side of the hotel - nice! I'll keep coming back for more of the same.

Reviewed July 25, 2009

I'm a "neatnick" and the hotel was clean to my standards. The hotel was obviously renovated, but was done well. A good breakfast was provided (continental). An evening bonfire/marshmallow roast was a plus. Two heated pools - one inside and one outside were also a bonus.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

Recently returned from a mini vacation to Mackinac Island. We decided to stay in St. Ignace instead of the actual Island (way too pricey) . I scoured the internet for the best place to stay based on reviews from other travelers. I decided to go for the Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront based on reviews I read elsewhere. Glad I went for it. When we pulled up we were so surprised at how well kept the hotel looked from the outside. I was very impressed when I called at 11:30 in the morning (our ride up was actually quicker than we anticipated) and asked if we could check in early (check in is normally 3:00 p.m.) and was told they would send someone up to have a room ready upon our early arrival! Great desk front service! Nicest people working there. When we got into our room I was very happy. The room was spic and span clean! The mattresses looked new. The bathroom was sparkling! It was just really nice that we did get a great room for a great price. The pool outdoors was sparkling as was the indoor pool. The continental breakfast was so-so but I wasn't expecting a big meal anyway. Oh, and we did have a really nice view from our balcony (all rooms have their own private balcony). After seeing all the motels and hotels in Mackinaw City and St. Ignace I would say we did quite well for the money. A two night stay in a room with 2 queen beds with tax was around $200.00. If you are debating where to stay do not hesitate. It really is an immaculate place to stay!

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Inspite of being on a property squeezed between other buildings on the busiest street in St. Ignace, this hotel really feels like a resort. Our room was large and lovely and the staff is helpful with getting ferry tickets and carriage tour tickets for Mackinac Island. The grounds are pretty and there's even a tiny sliver of beach at the edge of the lawn.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel while visiting St. Ignace and Saulte Saint Marie. Our room was clean and very spacious and we had a patio door that overlooked Lake Huron, literally yards away. They have lots of little touches such as a laundry, WiFi, and a bonfire at night where you can roast marshmallows. But the biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. They went out of their way to make sure we were accomodated. The laundry usually closes at 10 PM, but we were running a little late and they gladly kept it open late for us. Anytime we made a request, it was answered with a smile and a "can-do" attitude.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I went up to St. Ignace the weekend before Labor Day, 2008 to take in the sights of Mackinac Island as well as the Eastern U.P. When I arrived at the hotel, the desk clerk was quick to point out the different amenities that the hotel offered. She was also very friendly. The room that I stayed in was in the Ontario building near the lake, and the room was quite large for the price that I paid. Overall, I was highly impressed with the quality of the room. Then came Saturday, when I ran into car problems, and I ended up being stranded in Newberry, MI. I called the front desk of the Best Western back in St. Ignace, and told them I needed to check out since I wouldn't be back there until the following Monday. Though they were reluctant to do so at first for obvious reasons, they finally agreed to do so and had my suitcase packed at waiting for me when I showed up on Monday.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
#11 of 29 in Saint Ignace
Cedar Hill Lodge
Cedar Hill Lodge
#5 of 29 in Saint Ignace

Been to Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront? Share your experiences!