“Great Place for the Price!”

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend while doing a "color tour" of the UP. The room was nice, clean and well maintained. The free breakfast was much better than the breakfasts offered by some of the other local hotels. The location was great, with a perfect view of the sunrise over Mackinac Island. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a place to stay in St. Ignace.

Room Tip: It's worth a little extra for a view of the water/sunrise...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for three nights with two teenage boys and loved it! The huge "yard" and beach area makes it wonderful for getting out and stretching your legs. There are chairs, picnic tables, a few swimming pools, an outdoor play area for children and just about anything else one could want. The breakfast was wonderful and satisified both hungry teens as well as my husband and I. Since we were on a week's vacation it was nice to walk out our hotel room door and walk along the beach or play catch with the boys out in the "yard". Also, a wonderful restaurant is right up the hill within walking distance. The staff was great - we even met the owners while we were there. We WILL stay here again and will recommend it to all of our friends!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms down by the lake and enjoyed the easy access to the beach area and large yard...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is exceptionally clean and attractive hotel and very reasonably priced. Our room had the most spectacular view of Lake Huron making our downtime very tranquil & relaxing. We do alot of traveling and this stay has been our most rewarding one yet. The staff were also very frindly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and having and extra large size room (their stardard size) with 2 casual chairs made it very cozy. Kudos to you Best Western, we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for full water view, 3rd floor for quietness.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first trip to the U.P. and it was amazing! I stayed here for one night and had a 2 Queen room with a balcony facing the lake. I arrived at the hotel around 1 and my room was not ready yet but they let me check in and called the housekeeper to clean my room next so I could get in. The front desk staff was very accommodating and SUPER nice! I am a concierge at an upscale hotel in the south and was impressed with the hotel. The first thing I noticed about the hotel was how clean the grounds were. Everything looked great. I then got to my room and was really happy to see how large it was. The bathroom was big as well. The staff also told me that they have a bonfire down by the beach every night which I thought was pretty cool. We went down there for a little while and everyone was really nice and easy going. When I come back up here I will stay here with out a doubt! The room was only $100 too. If you are looking for a great hotel to stay in, you should definitely get a room here!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a king room with two extra chairs. Our room was on the bottom floor and if you looked at an angle, you could see the water! We took a walk down to the lake, it was a nice view. There was a bonfire at 8pm and alot of people showed up. There are several buildings at this motel and there seemed to be people everywhere.
The sink was outside the bathroom and the water was very hard.
The breakfast area was up the hill in the same building as the office. If the weather had been warm, I'm sure that many of the guests would have taken their food outside, but since it was chilly. There was not enough room to eat. The people who wanted coffee were bumping into each other...not a good thing with hot coffee.
Check-in was just as slow at check-out.

1  Thank love_those_wings
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a great place to stay and the price was very reasonable. We had a lovely room with a balcony. We happened to be on the end so our room had a full wall of windows. There was so much natural light, that you felt like you we're at home. The breakfast was good and enough variety for anyone. The only issue I had was the plumbing. You could hear the water running from what seemed to be any room in the building. I don't know if that was because we were on the lower level or if everyone had the same issue. We would definitely stay again. Easy access to Mackinac Island.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We spent 1 night here and the Senior rate was $110 including tax. Room was large and clean. Bathroom was large with sink area separate. With such a large bathroom one wonders why the facilities are jammed into a corner though. The breakfast was so so and not as good as I expected. The staff was great and very helpfull. They recommended the Galley for dinner and that was very good. One drawback to this site is that the rooms are in separate buildings and since we were in the Ontario building we had a bit of a trek to go to breakfast. If you drive up there is very little parking so walking was the better method. All in all I would recommend this place.

P/S bed was a little too firm for me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Ignace
#5 of 29 in Saint Ignace
Baymont Inn & Suites St. Ignace Lakefront
7 mi away
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn

Been to Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront? Share your experiences!