I'll give you the good, the bad, and the little bit ugly about Bavarian Haus.
Things that I liked: 1) The staff was helpful and informative about things and gave good pointers about the area. 2) We found a coupon and it made the price very nice for our stay. 3) We were on the first floor and enjoyed the small patio and lake view it provided. Sunrise was wonderful. 4) The room was quiet. Although it was the week after Labor Day and it appears St. Ignace and Mackinaw City shut down after Labor Day. Very few guests were at the Lakefront Inn when we were there. 5) The ice machine worked perfectly. You have no idea how important that is until you're at a hotel with a broken ice machine. 6) The jacuzzi felt very nice after a long day of tourist stuff. The indoor pool looked quite inviting as well. 7) The breakfast area on the 2nd floor has a small outdoor deck to overlooking Lake Huron.
Things I didn't like: 1) The layout of the Bavarian Haus is very disjointed. Go up one set of stairs to get to the breakfast area, down these stairs to get to the pool and front desk, up these stairs to get somewhere else. It felt like I was touring a Navy aircraft carrier with green carpet. 2) Unless you really need to use the elevator, don't it's slow. I always beat the elevator by using the stairs. Besides a little cardio is good for you. 3) The breakfast food is nothing to write home about. At best it was okay. The sausage and gravy was just okay, and the sausage patties were overcooked. the fruit was good. The coffee wasn't good at all and they only had powdered creamer that didn't improve the coffee at all. A higher quality coffee and those little 3/4 inch tall containers of real creamer would have improved it a half circle in my review. A little thing I know, but a good breakfast really makes a good start to a day.
The ugly: It didn't matter to me but I should note the decor looks like something out of the late 1980s/early 90s. Everything is clean and serviceable, but don't expect it to look like a brand new facility. If that is important to you, then you'll be disappointed.
My girlfriend and I decided we would stay here again as overall we did like the Bavarian Haus, especially if we had a coupon like last time. I just hope there's some improvement with the breakfast and coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re planning a trip to Northern Michigan, come stay with us! Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn is open year-round, making us your headquarters for easy access to all local attractions in the Mackinac Straits area. With our spacious rooms, great service and wide array of amenities, you’ll surely enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront
- Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront Hotel Saint Ignace
- Days Inn Saint Ignace
- Saint Ignace Days Inn