This is not a very nice hotel. My family and I stayed in a 2 queen bed suite. There were stains on the box springs of both beds (not sure what they were and don't think I want to know). It looked like someone blew their nose on the inside of the bed spread. Walls were dirty. Sliding balcony screen door was very hard to open. Wall paper was peeling off. It looked as if some of the walls near the ceiling were water damaged. The game room consisted of 3 very old video games. The pool was ok at best (water was very cloudy and cement around pool was poorly patched). The write up on the room mentions a fold out bed in the living room. It was a $99 futon that was in very poor condition. The hotel it self is not maintained very well (many bulbs in stairways burned out and cob webs on the fixtures, to many other things to list). I read many reviews on this hotel and was leery about booking a room. I called the hotel and spoke with the person at the desk and expressed my concerns and he assured me that the rooms were top notch and said that the have won the chairmans award several years in a row. With this being said I trusted all would be ok and the other reviews were just picky guests. I wish I would have listened to the reviews. I would have left this hotel and went to another but they were all booked due to the July 4th weekend. We used our own blankets and pillows and toughed it out. This is not a $180 a night hotel by any means.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re planning a trip to Northern Michigan, come stay with us! Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn is open year-round, making us your headquarters for easy access to all local attractions in the Mackinac Straits area. With our spacious rooms, great service and wide array of amenities, you’ll surely enjoy your stay with us. Guests love our big indoor pool/spa area, complete with a dry sauna. Not only do we have a hot tub available for families, there's a separate "adults only" whirlpool, too! We're right up on Lake Huron, and all our rooms overlook Mackinac Island and the Straits Area. The sunrises are spectacular! In the warmer weather, there's fire pits for you to enjoy your own bonfire, grills, and a wide range of outdoor games. Hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront Hotel Saint Ignace
- Days Inn And Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront
- Days Inn Saint Ignace
- Saint Ignace Days Inn