“Great view in St Ignace”

Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were extremely pleased with the Bavarian Haus. My Husband and I stayed here for a week. The view from our room(bed) was amazing! Looked out at Mackinaw Island. The sunrise was truly awesome! The staff here are always looking to make your stay comfortable. There was not one bad thing to be said!!! We want to thank all the Housekeepers for making us feel at home and feeding us coffee..haha..especially Candy, she took good care of us.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. Bottom floor goes right out to the grounds from your personal deck. Gre...
3  Thank carol s
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Carol, it's always wonderful receiving feedback like this from our guests. We love that you were able to take advantage of a beautiful Mackinac sunset that just can't be missed! I will be sure to pass on the compliments to my staff, specifically Candy. They will all be very happy to hear it. Thanks again for the great feedback and I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Bavarian Haus for two nights in mid August on our way to Drummond Island and Mackinac Island. It was a very comfortable room with a view of the lake and beach. Felt like home! The staff is eager to help and to give great advice on things to see/do in the area. They have relaxing pool/spa area with an indoor heated pool and two jacuzzis and a sauna which was nice at the end of the day! All around great.

2  Thank Fawn L

Fawn, we love getting wonderful feedback like this. Thanks for taking the time to write about us! I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and that you felt like you were at home. That's exactly what we strive for. Also, I'm happy that you were able to take full advantage of our amenities for an overall relaxing visit. We look forward to the next one!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a last minute trip to St. Ignace. The gentleman working the front desk was very friendly, and more than helpful. All of the rooms have a nice view of the lake and Mackinaw island. There are a couple of chairs on each balcony, so you can enjoy the sunset. The inside of the rooms are pretty standard, nothing special, small fridge, tv, comfortable bed, and most important, pretty clean. Overall it was a nice place to spend the night. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars, was the shower temperature fluctuated from hot to cold.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I'm happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the wonderful view. I'm sorry to hear, however, that your shower was giving you issues. Did you by any chance mention it to the front desk? We would have been more than happy to fix it for you. Thanks again for the great feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I usually stay closer to the business district. When I called the usual motel was booked and they suggested the Bavarian Haus. Place was older but not a dump. Rooms were OK but not worth the just over $150 price for an August Friday night. Nice view but the waterfront needs cleaned up. Had I seen the place I would have paid a bit more for a better place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback! I'm sorry to hear that you felt your stay with us was not worthy of the price. Were you able to take advantage of any our amenities like our pool or our fire pit? We feel that these perks really make the price worth it. Also, you can't go wrong with a complimentary breakfast! Hopefully, you will give us another shot. We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were in hessel mi for a wood boat show on 8/10/13 this was a last minute deal after the show we wanted to stay in st. Ignace we drove down state street and most places were booked we by chance stopped in Bavarian haus gentlemen at front dest very nice he said he could take care of us that was just perfect when we got to our room I was suprised how big it was it was clean and had a great view I will stay there again in the future. At ck out woman at desk very nice keep up the good work !!!!

Room Tip: While on your deck enjoying the view with a cold one just remember "never let the struggles of...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Paul, Thanks for taking the time to write us such kind words. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you so that you could continue to enjoy your vacation in Michigan! I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room so much. Lake Huron is very beautiful and so we made a point of making sure that every room in the hotel had a private balcony overlooking it. It's a view that can't be missed! Next time you find yourself in this neck of the woods, we hope you will pay us another visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staff was great, view was out of his world. Proximity to area was very nice. Room was large and clean. Indoor pool area was very comfortable. Price was reasonable.
I was here with my daughters, my wife and my parents. We stayed in a 3 room suite. It was fantastic. Would / will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Todd, I love that you found the view to be "out of this world." We feel the views from all the rooms really make us stand out as an inn, and I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Our goal is simply to provide you and your family with all the comforts you could possibly need while on vacation. It seems like we achieved this with your family and that is all that I could hope for. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in here around 2am on our way to Isle Royale from Columbus. Was much cheaper than the other side of the bridge. Originally we called the Americas Best Value Inn, which is managed at night by the Bavarian Haus. Rooms at the Inn were $89 for a double, we needed a cot or a pull out bed. To save the manager having to haul a cot across the road in the middle of the night he gave us a room at the Haus for that price. It was a huge double with two rooms, balcony with an amazing lake front view, just a lot of space for the price. Room smelled neutral, bathroom was big and clean, plenty of pillows, even a fridge and microwave. Beds were a little firm and the pull out bed was a little weak. The continental breakfast could have been better. They had cold biscuits, gravy, sausage, milk, OJ, serials, a small collection of pastries, hard boiled eggs, toast, frozen waffles, bananas, and maybe a couple of other small items. Overall a great stay especially for the area and the price. I'll be back

Room Tip: Lakeview is the only way
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Jeremy, thanks for the detailed review! I'm happy to hear that we were able to get you that double for the right price and with a view of the beautiful Lake Huron too. Next time you find yourself in these parts and need a place to stay, don't hesitate to reach out!