“Terrific place for fun and relaxation!”

Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been to a lot of hotels and this is one of my favorites! The view of the lake and the Sunsets
are magnificent - It makes you really think about how nice Michigan is and all the fun that
is available to do in the St. Ignace area. If your looking for an A+ place to stay - this is it! Nice
beds, nice view, nice people, great pool - 2 hot tubs, Sauna, great restaurants in the area... I'm
going up again this summer... it's too much fun to go stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank allenpark
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. I agree about St. Ignace. I've lived here most of my life. Great community and people. Any time I am away for a while I can' t wait to see that big old bridge from either I-75 or U.S. 2. It symbolizes home for me.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The woman on the phone when we made the reservation was very nice and I had hoped that she would be at the desk when we checked in. The man who did check us in didn't seem to be in a very good mood. He just told us the room number and how to get to the room. No details on breakfast or enjoy your stay, or call if you need anything....
Our room was large with a deck over-looking the lake. The bed was comfortable, lots of pillows. The tv had lots of channels to pick from. The internet worked well. I wanted to like breakfast, but it was the same as every other motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank love_those_wings
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for writing this review. I think your comments were fair and accurate. Obviously I am disappointed that the clerk who checked you in was not on top of his game but without your feedback I would be in the dark about this incident. This is not the attitude I want my staff to convey. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at the Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn twice since Nov 2012. Just stayed there 3-31-13 thru 4-3-13. Very nice motel and the staff is great. Room was very clean and comfortable. Stayed in a 2 room suite. Very nice. Nice breakfast room and selection of food and beverage. Very nice view of the lake from all rooms. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda F
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. Now that you've stayed twice during the off season I hope you can visit in the summer. There is a lot to do. St. Ignace has family friendly activities planned 7 days a week with fireworks every Saturday during July and August.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived in St. Ignace at 1am and were really tired from our trip. Not only did they have a room for us at a great rate but Todd the front desk clerk was excellent about everything else! He accommodated a lot of our needs even putting us in a rm near the pool and hot tub which we loved! We will definitely stay at this place again the next time we are in town Todd's customer service went over and beyond and we really appreciated it.

-S.,R.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Stephie_1979
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for the compliment. Todd is an asset to our hotel. We are lucky to have him, but not to slight anyone else working the front desk I believe my entire crew is outstanding. They all strive to provide excellent customer service. I appreciate tour business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Decent hotel, very large room, but breakfast disappointing, little choice and not presented well. Location on far end of town, so not ideal for simple overnight stay. pool was out of commission.Hot water wasn't available for hot tea.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Howard C, Owner at Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Our breakfast room has a terrific view of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island with an attached outdoor deck. Items served daily in unlimited quantities include hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, gravy and biscuits, assorted muffins and danish, english muffins, bagels and toast, freezer jam, peanut butter and cream cheese, bananas, three kinds of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, toaster waffles, two kinds of juice, milk, coffee and tea. There is a hot water tap on the coffee maker which is marked but could easily be overlooked. There is also a microwave.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was a very family oriented place. Local, family owned, and living on premises and that don't happen often! very clean, Nice, warm pool and two hot tubs; all very clean. nice breakfast room (with lots of food and beverage choices) over looking the water was nice to wake up to. Will stay there again. The only thing I would change would be better quality bed and linens, and bigger pillows.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kandyT
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed one night in a suite,and found it very nice.Clean,comfotable beds ,nice view of lake.Would stay there anytime.Even has shuttle service to casino.Very nice location in town.Make sure to get smoe smoked fish from Manley's on way home!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family