I booked this property when it was a Days Inn, so when I found out it wasn't anymore, needless to say I was concerned. We arrived and found the inn right on the lakefront with every room facing the water, as promised. It is a very large hotel with plenty of lakefront property, which consists of a well-manicured lawn with swings, lounge chairs, picnic tables, and grill. There were also bonfires on the beach every night we were there. The beach isn't sandy for swimming, but full of large rocks which are nice to look at and climb on for photos. We saw the most impressive red moonrise over Mackinac Island on the the 4th of July. It was more spectactular than the fireworks! The balcony was such a nice extra for sitting outside in the evening, although the sun is VERY bright in the morning since all the rooms face east. The fridge in our room came in handy to store our leftovers from area restaurants (Jose's Cantina next door is EXCELLENT), as well as for chilling beverages (we had a bottle of wine, which fit upright and a 6-pack of beer). Very roomy fridge. The beds were reasonably comfortable and clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was okay if you like hard boiled eggs and sausage gravy (which I don't). But I managed fine with eating cereal and bananas every day. They also had bagels, muffins, and juice. The breakfast was plentiful every day and they never ran out, not even right before 10:00am. There is no DVD player in the room or pay-per-view movies, but there is HBO and plenty of other channels. We got free casino cash for the Kewadin Casino just down the road and enjoyed that as well. We visited the Ojibwa Indian Museum and the Fort de Buade museum in town (both are free). We spent a whole day on Mackinac Island and this place is IDEAL for doing that. There are 3 different ferry boats right in town, very close down the street, and all of them charge $24 round trip. We took the Star Line hydro jet ferry, which I highly recommend and sat on top. The hotel does look a bit old and dated and not air-conditioned in the hallways, but the room was quite nice and cool (this was in 90+ degree weather). The indoor pool area looked nice, but the weather was too hot when we were there to try the whirlpool or sauna. We had a nice, romantic getaway at the Bavarian Haus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re planning a trip to Northern Michigan, come stay with us! Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn is open year-round, making us your headquarters for easy access to all local attractions in the Mackinac Straits area. With our spacious rooms, great service and wide array of amenities, you’ll surely enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront
- Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront Hotel Saint Ignace
- Days Inn Saint Ignace
- Saint Ignace Days Inn