“OUR HOTEL OF CHOICE”

Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Hotel rooms are spacious and clean. Extra pillows add to your comfort. Hot complimentary breakfast was great. Staff are competent and efficient making checking in/out smooth and easy. A glass of wine, from our private balcony overlooking lovely Lake Huron, make for the perfect evening. Location is convenient to town and activities.
We have stayed at the Days Inn previously and plan to continue in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are lakeview and great.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 13, 2011

My husband I came to St. Ignace to visit friends. We always stay at the Days Inn, it is located in a great place. The staff are wonderful and very friendly. Our room was very clean, we really enjoyed the hottub and pool. The view is beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I have stayed at the Days Inn Lakefront St Ignace on several occasions throughout the last couple of years for my job.
I have always had the greatest experience with the staff. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. The location is perfect, and the view from the balcony is awesome.
I would highly recommend that anyone (business or recreation) stay at the Days Inn in St. Ignace.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

C'mon folks, this is a Days Inn not the Ritz. If you are expecting Marriot quality at Hotel 6 prices, keep dreaming. This Hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the view from almost every room overlooking Lake Huron and Mackinac Island. Ok, so it's not right downtown, but It is a comfortable walk or short drive. The staff met every one of our needs and as a motorcycle rider, this is uncommon. Heck, we even found towels hanging on our bikes each morning to wipe the dew off with. Not even the best hotels have this service. When I asked the desk clerk I was told that the owner does this to keep the bikers from using the good towels for this task, but I say hurray for him. Because of this little extra service I will tell all my biking friends to use his business. oh, the free shuttle to the casino helps as well!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Met with 4 other couples. Everyone on the staff, desk, housekeeping, breakfast Etc. was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We all enjoyed our three day stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2010

First this is an older motel (70's bavarian house design) so if you have to have the newest design and deor this might not be your choice - but it was reasonably priced , clean and comfortable. The motel is on the lake shore and each room has a great view of Lake Huron and Mackinaw Island. I got some super sunrise photos from the balcony! The pool was a nice size, plus they had two hot tubs. The free breakfast is just the basics - nothing to get excited about but quite adequate. My only issue was the building entry doors were not secured by a key entry system.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our family booked two rooms at the Days Inn in July. I realized that it was an older hotel and asked about the quality level when I booked the hotel. I was told that the hotel consistently received Days Inn's top quality rating.

When we arrived we were given adjoining rooms with fantastic lake views. I was was immediately struck by the strong musty smell. I mentioned it to the houskeepers who said while they didn't smell the must, they would address the issue.

When we arrived back the smell was still there. We stayed the night and went out for our second day. The smell was just as bad the next day, if not worse. In fact we woke up early the and went home, as opposed to spending any more time there. Also, the breakfast was marginal at best, but the staff was friendly. I would also say the room, while old, was very clean. However it was not worth the $200 dollars we each spent.

I would not recommend this hotel until they address the odor issue. Days Inn may want to review their quality ratings.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Breakers Resort - Lakeside
Breakers Resort - Lakeside
#9 of 29 in Saint Ignace
Baymont Inn & Suites St. Ignace Lakefront

Been to Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn

Address: 1067 N State St, Saint Ignace, MI 49781-1010 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront)
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Family Hotel in Saint Ignace
Price Range: $93 - $154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn 2*
If you’re planning a trip to Northern Michigan, come stay with us! Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn is open year-round, making us your headquarters for easy access to all local attractions in the Mackinac Straits area. With our spacious rooms, great service and wide array of amenities, you’ll surely enjoy your stay with us. Guests love our big indoor pool/spa area, complete with a dry sauna. Not only do we have a hot tub available for families, there's a separate "adults only" whirlpool, too! We're right up on Lake Huron, and all our rooms overlook Mackinac Island and the Straits Area. The sunrises are spectacular! In the warmer weather, there's fire pits for you to enjoy your own bonfire, grills, and a wide range of outdoor games. Hope to see you soon! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn & Suites Saint Ignace Lakefront Hotel Saint Ignace